Chapter. 55 The Beast Made of Stone

A/n:I had to go back to chapters 52 and 53 to fix the time skip. Instead of a few days, it's been six months since Genkai's tournament. ^^

I also added more to the begining of chapter 52, its not much, just giving context to what Winter and Yusuke been doing for the past six months which has been spent training with Genkai.

If you want to go back and read that you can since it's pretty short. Enjoy the story ^^
________

We continue to make our way further into the castle. I look at the statues on the grey stone walls that gives off creepy vibes.

"These are some creepy looking statues" I comment to myself "Look like they'll come to life at any moment and eat my face off or something for dinner" a shiver runs down my spine at the thought of it. "Don't think my face will be all that tasty though, or will it?" I ponder as I place a finger under my chin in thought.

Both Yusuke and Kuwabara burst out laughing. I stare at them with a sweatdrop. Was it that funny?.

"From the looks of it you two wouldn't mind my face being eaten off" I quirk a brow.

"You're the one wondering if ya face is tasty or not" Yusuke wipes away a tear.

"Gee, I didn't think you were this funny" Kuwabara laughs. I beam at them with a smile.

"Well I'm glad that my odd sense of humor amuses you"

Kurama chuckles into his hand "yes, very odd indeed"

"Why do I feel like there's some sort of underlying meaning to your words, Kurama" I give him a playful pointed look, my eyes glint in childlike amusement.

"Hm, no reason" He innocently replies, eyes gleaming and tone with hints of teasing amusement.

"Sure" I playfully roll my eyes at him, but a smile stretches across my face. "I remember how you love to call me odd, foxy"

He blinks in surprise "foxy,? what an interesting thing to say"

"Don't act surprise, I'm just simply teasing is all" I smirk.

"Teasing me will be your regret" He warns with a sly smile on his face.

"My regret you say" I smile as I lean close to him until our faces are only centimeters away "then show me a reason why I should regret it then, hm"

Kurama stares at me in surprise at my boldness, his green eyes gazing into my coffee brown ones.

"I left you speechless once again" I tease in victory.

"Get a room you two" Yusuke says in a teasing tone and gives me a knowing look. This causes me and Kurama to look away from one another. Hiei is looking up us with a disgusted look on his face and Kuwabara looks about ready to shout.

"Hey, you can't just go off saying things like that Urameshi!"

"Shut it Kuwabara, you're just jealous that your girl is already taken by another guy" He smirks at him.

"I'm gonna beat you up Urameshi!"

"Go ahead, I'll like to see you try" He taunts the taller teen.

While Yusuke and Kuwabara fight both me and Kurama remain speechless. Did I just say that?, I don't know what came over me. I glance at him from the corner of my eyes, and can see his cheeks and the tips of his ears dusted a red color. His long deep crimson locks block the rest of his face so I can't see what expression he's making. I hope I didn't go too far with that. It's defiantly obvious now that I like him.

But is this also one of the signs that Genkai told me to pay attention to?, the sign Yusuke told me about when he started training with Genkai all them months ago?.