Chapter. 21 Shiori's Sickness And Yusuke's Death

It's been about a week since the incident that took place.

After the fight that took place school I notice Shuichi stuck to my side like glue. I never took him to being the clingy type but it's comforting to knows he cares enough about me and my well-being. He would make sure I was doing well.

I'm glad to have a friend like him and appreciate his efforts to make sure I'm fine. I still get the feeling of being a burden from time to time and when he notices he would always reassure me that I'm not being a burden to him at all and I can tell he's being honest each time but the feeling just won't go away and I get frustrated with myself for it.

All my bruises have healed nicely since my encounter with the man with the ears and tail. Whatever it was he rubbed onto my wounds has been helping tremendously. I never brought this up with Shuichi and he never asked about the fast healing process but I have a feeling he knows a lot more then I about this and that's why he hasn't questioned it. I know he notice since he's very analytical and notice a lot more then most. I trust it's for a good reason.

Sinnce I'm on the topic of Shuichi, my ever present feelings for him continues to grow but in the end I made the conscious decision keep them to myself. I really value our friendship and didn't want to ruin it, even if it hurts to know that he don't know or might not return my feelings at least he's by my side and that's all that matters.

"You know, you don't have to worry about me too much Shuichi" I exclaim as he stands next to me. He flickers his green eyes to look at me.

"I just want to make sure you're well is all"

"I know but it's been about a week and nothing has happened since the girls are expelled from school"

"I know but you can never be too sure" He replies with a smile.

"That's true" I nod in agreement, a smile grows onto my countenance as we continue to walk to the roof together. I can only hope that this happy moment will last.

But as they say happy moments don't last forever.

Because just a few days later I've learn that Shiori has fallen ill to some unknown illness that can possibly kill her. I can remember it now, the day I was told of her condition which was just last week.

It was during Japanese Literature and  there was a urgent knock on the door which. The class sat in anticipation as the principle enters the classroom.

"Yes, what is it Mr. Ogawa?" Mr. Sakamoto questioned the principle.

"I'm here for Minamino Shuichi, it's an urgent matter" He said and looked to the said student. Shuichi raises up from his seat near the back of the class and walked toward the front of the class.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"I'll inform you once we get to my office, I think you'll want to hear this in private" He replied, his aura felt solemn which concerned me. I tensed up in my seat.

I knew something was terribly wrong the moment Shuichi didn't return to class, nor met me by my classroom doors to walk me to our remaining classes, which he also wasn't present in. My concern grew more and more. After school I rushed into my house. Opening the door I take off my shoes and hurried into the living room. Both my parents sat on the couch, Mom is in tears as Dad comforts her to the best of his ability. Their eyes shifted to look at me once I entered the living area.

"What's going on?" I asked in concern. I'm confused and lost as to what is currently going on.

"It's Shiori, she's in the hospital because she collapsed in her house today" Mom cried as more tears fell down her face.