Chapter. 53 The City Of Ghosts And Apparitions

Once blue skies are dark as lightning strikes across the dark clouds as I appear into this dark and ominous world. It looks very different from human world indeed.

Landing delicately on my feet I look around and can see Kuwabara and Yusuke off in the distance fighting against these demons in cloaks. I materialize my bow and arrow and position myself.

I shot a glowing white arrow at the demons, watching them screech as some of them dissapear. Yusuke and Kuwabara heads turn to look at me in shock.

"Winter, took ya long enough" Yusuke comments with a smile as sweat collects and rolls down his face from fighting.

"Sorry for coming so late, I wasn't notify until the last minute" I reply and dodge an imp's attack. I change my weapon into a white sword and slice at it, cutting it in half as it screeches in pain.

We begin to physically fight the tiny imps. But more and more of them keep in appearing from beneath the ground. I wince in pain from having one of them pull my hair.

"Get the hell off me!" I shout as I elbow him in the face. More and more of them jump in me. I can hear Kuwabara shouting as more imps begin to cover his body.

"Kuwabara!" I shout for my friend in worry. I punch away more imps as they darkly laugh at me.

"This is gonna be pretty lame if we get killed before we reach this stupid castle!" Yusuke yells.

Suddenly lightning strikes across the sky and another breech in the barrier opens up in the sky and I can feel two familar auras approaching us from within the dark void. Bright white light begins to flash and I shield my eyes from the bright light as the imps around me scurries away in fear. Once the flashing lights died down I look up, along with Yusuke and Kuwabara.

"That worked, whatever it was" Yusuke mumbles. Looking up at a lone tree, two familar silhouettes stand on a sturdy branch that's high in a large tree, the leaves casts a shadow on them, obscuring their features from us but I know who they are by their auras.

"It seems you could use some help" The familar calm voice of Kurama says. I smile at this. We need all the help we can get right about now.

"If those nothing's were too much for you, we're going to have some serious trouble" Hiei exclaims.

I mentally groan in slight aggitation 'I really don't want to see him out of all people now, as mean as it sounds'

The last time I've seen him was when that situation took place at the warehouse. In the end we left off on a very bad note. Lightning flash, exposing more of the their features are expose. They both jump down from there place on the branch and land right in front of us, now revealing themselves fully for us to see.

"Well, well, well the thieves" Yusuke smirks.

"Hello" Kurama politely smiles.

"Well what are you doing here?" Yusuke questions. Curiosity is lace in his voice as he gazes at them.

"Even that fool Koenma knew it would take more then that human power to kill the saint beasts" Hiei nonchalantly replies.

"By aiding in this mission Koenma show us that we can clean our slates in spirit world" Kurama adds. I let out a sigh in relief, gaining Kurama attention as his green eyes shows his amusement at my reaction. I'm actually happy to hear that.

"So you're telling me I don't have to threaten Koenma?" I inquire with a brow raise in amusement.

"No, not at all" He smiles in return, green eyes gleaming in amusement.

"Hehehe, I guess Koenma heard us complaining" Yusuke chuckles, eyes flickering to me and turn his head to look at Kuwabara and begin to introduce them "Hey Kuwabara, let me introduce you to these guys, that's Hiei and his name is Kurama"