Chapter. 59 Byakko's Downfall

"Hahahahaha, you've finally caught me I've been feeding off of every slash of your sword" Byakko reveals.

Growing his sword longer, Kuwabara steps forward but stumbles and fall on one knee. His sword shrinks as well. Byakko only laughs at him in glee at his current state. He steadily gets back up and raises this sword above him.

Yusuke steps forward in disbelief "Kuwabara!, Are you crazy!?, Hit him again and he'll just get bigger!, Kuwabara don't be stupid!"

Kuwabara runs at Byakko without a second thought "Leave me alone Urameshi nothing is going to make me stop fighting now!"

He jumps into the air and swings his sword and slashes at Byakko again but nothing happens. He lands of the ground, trying to catch his breath as Byakko takes a hearty step towards his fallen form.

"I'm never gonna give up on this fight, no matter how big you get" Kuwabara proclaims in determination as he tries to catch his breath. Byakko looks down at him in sadistic amusement.

"So are you sure?" Yusuke questions with an inquisitive expression.

Kurama breathe hitches "Positive, Kuwabara is helping him"

I look down at the ground in thought 'So the beast is feeding off of Kuwabara's energy?, now that I think about it would the same would have potentially happen to me if I went against him since I also use my spirit energy as a weapon' I silently ponder to myself.

'Or would it have had a completely different effect on him since my energy seems to have a negative effect on the demons I have battle against so far?'

I glance up just in time to witness Kuwabara jump at the giant tiger and stabs him in the mouth with his sword, reminding me of when Yusuke shot Goki in the mouth with his spirit gun.

"Alright" Yusuke smiles in triumph.

"This may not be good" Kurama says in a voice that sound unsure, his red brows are furrow in concern. My eyes widen in surprise as I watch Kuwabara spirit sword be swallow up by Byakko. Is he absorbing his energy?, similar to how a sponge soaks up water?.

"Just let go" Yusuke mumbles. We watch as the his sword crackles and dissapears from his grasp. In a daze he swings to the side and falls over. His energy has been depleted.

"Come on Kuwabara" I mutter out "I know you can win this"

"Thanks" Byakko laughs and rubs his newly swollen belly from consumption of Kuwabara's energy "you had more spirit energy on your bones then I thought, eating all of it nearly got me full"

Kuwabara body shakes in pain as he slowly rises up from his place on the stone ground "I'm not done yet" he declares weakly.

Shakily reaching out a hand he tries to attempt to summon his spirit sword. He's only able to summon a much smaller version of his original sword. This concern me as I knit my brows together.

"Oh man, this looks bad, it looks like his spirit sword had a downsized" Yusuke comments in concern.

"It has greatly, Byakko completely swallow up his energy" I say, seeing Kuwabara orange aura weakening.

"You can't even stand up anymore, you're nothing but a wounded animal" Byakko raises his giant foot and kicks Kuwabara, who skids across the stone ground and roughly lands forward. He dosen't look to be getting up as Byakko stomps his way towards him with a malicious look upon his feline face.

"I see you'll be the perfect exercise after my giant meal, as soon as there room in my stomach that's where you'll go" Byakko declares as he laughs, still stomping his way toward Kuwabara's body that lays weakly on the ground. He hasn't attempt to get up her.