Chapter. 5 Tense Atmosphere

The bell ring as I pack up and leave my place on the roof and silently head off to my fourth hour Japanese Literature class in fear. I can feel my heart beat increase with each step I take. I share this class with him and silently debate if I want to skip this class or not but I don't want to sully my reputation when I've just start attending here two weeks ago. I'll have to get in there and get it over with, and besides I don't sit next to him anyway. I walk inside the semi-full classroom and looked around. I don't see familiar red hair or cold green eyes as I take my seat at the front of the class then think to myself.

'Good he's not here yet'

I begin to take out the things I need for the classroom which are the require textbook, notebook for taking notes, and small case full of pencils and pens. While unpacking I felt a nervous and frantic aura approaching me and I look up to see a classmate of mine who's around my age with short black hair and brown eyes. He's wearing the pink magenta uniform like any of the male students here and if I'm not mistaken his name is Haru. He stand by my desk and holds a nervous look on his face.

"Hey, Davis-san right?" He asks.

"Yes, you're correct" I nod in confirmation.

"Do you mind if I borrow a extra pencil, I left my pencil case in my last class on accident" He nervously ask with a laugh as he scratches the back of his head.

"Sure" I reply and hand him one from my case. He thanks me.

"My name is Kobayashi Haru by the way" He introduces with a bow.

"I know"

"Wait, you do?" He question in excitement. I can't help but giggle at his excitement, it's adorable.

"Yep, you got called on by Mr. Sakamoto for sleeping in class last week."

"Oh yeah hehe" He laughs. "I'm surprise he didn't kick me out the classroom, I drool all over the textbook and everything. It was so embarrassing"

"I'm sure he's giving you a warning, take heed to it" I chuckle but stop just as I begin to feel his aura coming near. Shivers goes up and down my spine but Haru dosen't notice my change in demeanor. I can see familiar hair of red come in through the open door. Our eyes instantly meet but I'm the first to avert my attention away from him and back at the boy in front of me. He looks at me in confusion.

"Who are you looking at?" He questions, noticing my lack of attention then look behind him seeing the familiar red hair that belonged to a very well known student.

"Oh hey Minamino-san" He waves. Shuichi smiles at him, standing a few meters away from us.

"Hello Kobayashi-san, how are you?"

"I'm doing great so far, and also thanks for helping me with the quadratic equations in math today, I swear I'll never understand it and everytime you have to come and save me from it" He chuckles.

"You've been improving so far, I'm sure you'll get a better understanding of it soon"

"I hope you're right, hey you wanna join us in this conversation before class starts?, we're talking about me being caught sleeping in this class, it's some juicy stuff" He invites with a lighthearted laugh. I inwardly start to panic. I don't want him over here or anywhere near me.

"I would like to but class will begin soon and I'll have to prepare. Maybe next time" He politely declines and walks to his seat. I let out a sigh of relief and Haru, being close to me hears it and looks at me.

"Do you like him or something?" He whispers, a teasing tone took his voice as he raises an eyebrow.

"What?!, No!" I scoff. He scares the absolute hell out of me. Haru is surprise at my indignant reaction, his brown eyes wide in shock.