Chapter. 37 The Anger Within Him

Running footsteps can be heard outside the No. 1 warehouse as they approach. They falter to a stop in front of the building. Kurama clenches his fist as his brows furrows in anger.

'That scent is unmistakable, Hiei must be desperate to take that form'

Kurama keen nose also picks up another scent he's familiar with. The sweet ambrosial smell of berries and shea butter. He growls as his green eyes turns jaded and cold, narrowing into slits. Flickers of gold can be seen mixing in with the neverending green as he approaches the building.
________

In and out, my mind is battling with me. My fear of falling asleep only to awake as something else compelled me to keep my eyes open. I can only make out bits and pieces of what Yusuke and Hiei are saying as he lift Yusuke into the air. My vision blurring in and out but I can see Yusuke, restrained and being dropped to the ground. He's losing this fight.

"Y-yusuke" I called out only to whimper in pain. My eyes weakly glanced to Hiei.

"P-please don't hurt him"

Hiei turned to look at me. I can see the dark amusement dancing in his ruby red eyes as he takes in my weakened state.

"Yes that what I like to see and hear, that pleading look in you eyes and voice" He laughs. "Like precious music to my ears"

I grit my teeth as I glare at the green skinned demon covered in eyes.

"What happens next once I kill him detective?, you're weakened and your assistant here is almost drained completely, are you going to go calling for your savior?, hm let me guess Kurama right?"

"Shut up" I growl, eyes glaring in anger as his smirk widen. He's enjoying this, toying with me and my emotions.

"I doubt he'll even come to your rescue, after all you're just a pathetic human who can't even save herself"

"I said shut up!" I shout, wanting him to stop talking. He laughed, taking sadistic satisfaction at see me slowly lose hope.

"Shut your trap Hiei, your fight is with me!" Yusuke tries to avert his attention but his words did nothing to deter Hiei as he kept his eyes glued on me.

"Where is he now?, he's not here or maybe he didn't really care about you after all, maybe you're nothing more than just a burden to him"

"Winter don't listen to him!" Yusuke shouts, teeth gritted together in anger. "He's just trying to get to you!"

No I will not cry in front of him, I will not give him the satisfaction that what he's saying is personally effecting me.

"What's wrong?" He mocks. "Did I hit a sensitive nerve?"

I say nothing, I could only hiss in pain and weakly look away from him. He scoffed.

"Pathetic, I hate people like you, the ones who let their insecurities get in the way so easily" He says as he eyes me, his gaze holds a look of scrutiny. I flinch under his judging gaze, feeling small and insignificant. He turns his attention back to Yusuke.

"I have a great idea, how about I give you a choice?" He offers.

"What?" Yusuke asks. The shadow sword levitates and fly into Hiei awaiting clawed hand.

"I can end your life now, or if you prefer I can make you into a demon, what's that you want me to choose" he laughs then rushed at Yusuke, sword drawn "Fine!"

"No!" I shout as I watc, hopelessly. Yusuke closes his eyes and just as Hiei closes in on him I see a flash of red and pink and faintly feel his familar presence.