Chapter. 43 The punching game

Men mumble to one another after a moment of anticipated silence about Genkai's arrival. The door slids open and the voice of Genkai's begins to speak as everyone once again silence themselves.

"My, my quite the crowd"

Genkai steps out into the daylight, hands behind her back as she reveals herself to everyone in the crowd.

"Eh, that little old hag is Genkai?" Yusuke asks as he glances at me for an answer.

"Don't let her age fool you Yusuke, she can pack quite the punch" I reply as I internally wince at the memories of being repeatedly punch by her.

"Alright people, I suppose we should get things started"

I listen in as a couple of men around us begin to speak about Genkai's test claiming to be tough.

"The first of your screening test will be, the drawing of lots" She announces. Everyone, beside me anime fall to the ground and I sweat drop.

"Huh, how is that a test", Yusuke comments with a look of annoyance on his face. I giggle at him, earning a glare being shot my way.

"Everyone must draw a lot from this old jar, come now we haven't all day" she says as she points to the giant jar that's beside her. Everyone begins to get up and walk toward her, forming a line as they pick our lot from the jar. I look down at Yusuke who is still on the ground with a look of aggitation on his countenance. I give him my hand with a smile.

"Come on Yusuke, don't wanna be left behind, this line isn't getting any shorter"

"How are you so happy about this?" He asks me as he takes my hand and I help him up.

"I've been training with Genkai for a couple of months now so this isn't all that surprising coming from her" I nonchalantly shrug.

We walk up with Kuwabara beside us and pick out our lots. We walk away from the jar and stand in the crowd as the last few men finish picking out their lots.

"You did that fairly well, I'm impress let's all open up our lots now, if the paper inside it is red then congratulations you have pass the first of today's screenings" Genkai says.

I look at my lot, nervous and hoping that I got a red one. I anchor my eyes over at Yusuke and Kuwabara who have just open theirs.

"Well lucky me, I've won" They sarcastically announce simultaneously then look to one another in surprise.

"Hey you got a red one also?" Yusuke asks.

"I didn't mean to" Kuwabara replies then they both look at me.

"What about you?" Yusuke inquires and I open my lot. My dark brown eyes widen in shock.

"It's red!" I happily reply and show them the red inside the lot, bouncing in my place, my puffy purple pigtails also bounce in place.

"You won and you're happy about it?" Yusuke says in confusion. I nod my head in excitement.

"Yeah, I've been training real hard for this moment, this just shows my progress"

"Those who won please follow me, those who lost, get lost" Genkai says as she turns around and begins to walk back inside the temple. A couple of guys who aren't too happy about their results try and fight Genkai but she easily beat them by looking at them and using her spirit energy, she didn't even have to move a finger as the men hit the door a few yards away, cracking it. That's Genkai for you.

"What, what was that?" Kuwabara asks in shock.

"Whoa, my powers are getting a bit rusty, a few years ago those oafs would've ducked their heads if I winded them wrong, I guess I'm really getting old" She chuckles and begins to walks away.