Chapter. 34 To Sacrifice One's Self

I thought I was dead at the time . It wasn't until I woke up in a hospital room, dazed and confused, realizing that I'm alive.

'Why am I not dead?'

But how did I survive, I was sure I sunk. I don't remember much of what happened after going unconscious underwater. All I remember is a bright light and then a voice, it sounded like a woman.

But I don't remember what she said but it sounded important.

Those thoughts are pushed aside the moment I felt the aura of my parents in the room. I didn't know if I was ready to face them after what I was just almost able to succeed in doing.

"Mom, Dad" I mumbled out as my vision becomes clearer. The sound of the heart monitor beeping begin to annoyed me, reminding me that I am still alive somehow.

"We're here, oh thank god you're okay" Mom cried in relief. Tears cascaded down her face like a neverending rainstorm as she cried out loud. Tears also fell down my father face, pain is evident in his eyes as he gazes down at me, rarely do I ever not see him without his signature eccentric smile on his face.

"We were so scare-" Dad couldn't finish his sentence as he chocked up. Their grasp in each of my hand never faltered and only tighten in fear that I would dissapear at any moment.

The distraught look on my parents face's reminded me that there are people that love me. Guilt, I felt so guilty. They've done everything in their power to show me that they love me and here I am throwing it away.

After that day I begin to value my life a little more, even though it's a uphill battle. I don't ever want to see my parents suffering faces ever again. I only want to make them smile and be happy, even if it's at the cost of my own.

However the open wounds still remain but they have been healing due to the friends I'm finally making in this new journey of mine.

"...I don't ever want to see it again, your Mom needs you Kurama" I say, passion lace in my voice as he looks at me in shock. "Mirror take my life instead so that he can live alongside his mother"

"And mine as well" Yusuke ecclaims as he join his hand in as well.

"It doesn't make sense, it's my wish" Kurama says as he look at us.

"It doesn't make sense rescuing your mom so she can spend her whole life mourning the death of her son, I've seen that before and I don't want to see it again" Yusuke replies, voice distress from thinking about his own mother suffering.

"Your wish shall be fulfilled" The mirror announces as we are all face it's blinding lights. I grimace as I cover my eyes from the blinding lights and then the light suddenly gets bigger and consumes us soon after.

Everything suddenly goes dark after that....

________

My eyes slowly open and I squeeze them shut from the flourescent bright lights. I groaned. Why did the lights have to be this bright?. Memories begin to accumulate into my mind as I slowly blink to adjust my eyes to the blinding lights. I feel someone holding my hand in a semi-tight grip. It feels warm and familiar.

"K-ku-" I can only muttere out. I feel a reassuring squeeze on my hand, telling me all that I need to know. He's here with me.

"Do not worry yourself, I am here" His soft voice reassures. I shot my eyes over to my left and there sat Kurama in a chair. A look of exhaustion and worry swirls in his green orbs as he gazes at me.

"What happened?, Shiori!, Ku-Shuichi, how is she!?" I frantically asks as I begin to raise up. A gentle hand to my shoulder halts my movement and I look over to the owner of the hand in confusion.