Chapter. 3 A Chance Encounter

Meiou High Academy.

This is a prestige private school where only the best of the best can go. Fortunately, I was accepted despite it being the second week of the first month into the school year. Unlike in the U.S where most schools usually starts in August, schools here in Japan start in April which I found to be interesting.

My grades are consider to be exceptional, I was always the smartest kid in class and because of this I was use to having people use me to improve their grades. I didn't really have much of a social life outside

I wave as Mom drop me off in front of the school. Turning around to face the building I tug at the skirt of the red school uniform in irritation and let out a sigh as I fix my afro. I looked around and notice one thing.

That I stick out like a sore thumb.

Amongst the crowd of pale skin my dark skin stood out, my features such as my type 4 purple hair and bigger facial features also stand out as well Everyone looks at me and whispers to one another as they pass by. I couldn't make out what they were saying, they were switching between speaking english and japanese. Feeling self conscious, I decided to ignore it and quickly walk inside the tall building and toward the administration office to receive my schedule.

Opening the door to the administration office I am welcome by a woman with short black hair, dark brown eyes and pale skin at the front desk. Her aura is blue and feels curious. She smiles at me, eyes lit up in curiosity as she takes in my appearance.

"Hello my name is Davis Winter and I'm a student from the US. I'm here for my schedule" I politely ask. She gets up and head into a random room. I stand there and wait until she comes back out a few minutes later with a older man who has brown hair and eyes and is wearing a grey suit. In his hand is my schedule. He smiles at me as he approaches.

"Hello Davis-san. I am the head of Meiou High. Takahashi Shouta. It's a pleasure to meet you. He introduce with a bow. His yellow aura feels nice and welcoming.

"Here is your schedule. I've assigned for a student to show you around the campus. He should be arriving here shortly." He informs as he hands me my schedule.

"Thank you" I smile but then it leaves from my face as I look at the door in fear. I can feel a familiar aura approaching. My eyes flickers to look at the door as it opens and in comes a familiar face that I want to avoid.

A familiar hair of red and emerald green eyes. He's wearing the male version of the school uniform. Magenta with gold trimming.

Minamino Shuichi.

I shiver, remembering the events that took place the other day as well as the dream. I wasn't able to sleep peacefully for the next couple of days after that, afraid that he'll reappear in my dreams once again and end me. Mr. Takahashi eyes gleam with pride as he looks at Shuichi.

"Ah there he is. Davis-san this is Minamino Shuichi. Not only is he a phenomenal student, but he also makes the top scores in most of his academic classes and is overall well known here" He praises.

"We're already well aquatinted. She just so happen to be my new next door neighbor" Shuichi replies with a smile. A fake smile that paints a false picture. I give a small smile in return, feeling uncomfortable.

"Well isn't this just wonderful. He'll be the one showing you your classes and around the campus for today" He happily exclaims.

"Okay" I simply reply with fake enthusiasm, my nerves getting the best of me.

"If you need anything Davis-san just ask Minamino-san here or you can always come and ask me" He offers with a smile "You two should head off now. I hope your day goes well Davis-san"