Chapter. 33 To Save His Mother Life

We run back down the stairs and stand near Shiori door as a doctor stop us from entering any further. I can see a couple of nurse's rushing inside her room. My heart pounds so loud in my chest I can hear it in my ears as the doctor begins to speak.

"She's fallen into what we call the critical stage, to be perfectly honest your mother is about to die" The doctor informs. I place a hand over my mouth in shock.

"How long?" Kurama calmly asks, his silver and red aura however is erratic as it spikes.

"Probably tonight, we'll do what we can, Shuichi I'm sorry"
________

"I have no choice" Kurama says as he looks away from us and at the ground. We are once again back on the roof. The sun has finally set over the horizon and we are welcomed with the sight of the night sky and stars that twinkle. The full moon gazes down at us as it basked us in it light. Despite the night looking rather nice and air calm it contrast against the solemn and erratic mood that befalls all of us.

"You'll use it tonight, it that what you mean?" Yusuke asks.

"From what I've been told you have to give something to the forlorn hope in return, what exactly does it want in return?" I question in apprehension.

"A life" He replies. My eyes widen in shock and horror.

"What!?" I gasp in shock. "There's has to be another way!"

"This is the only way, I'm sorry Winter" He finalizes as he looks me in the eyes. He isn't going to back down from it, his mind has already been made up the moment he sought after the mirror. I'm conflicted as he places the forlorn hope on the ground.

"Forlorn hope, I ask you to wake from your sleep and hear my plea, reflect my greatest desires so that you can make it true"

The mirror begins to glow as multiple black swirl like energy comes from inside the mirror and begins to swirls around. I cover my face due to the force of the wind until it finally stop. On the reflection shows a smiling picture of Shiori.

"The happiness of this women, is that what you desire?" The mirror inquires.

"It is" Kurama replies without hesitation as red locks of fine hair flows around him.

"Hey!, Can you hold on for a second so we can work things out, I mean there's gotta be some other way to do this!" Yusuke desperatly tries to compromise in panic.

"No, there is not" Kurama responds.

"To grant this wish, you must give your life, is that what you desire" The mirror questions.

"If that will save my mother life, then yes I do" He answers without hesitation.

"Then your desire shall be fulfill"

The mirror glows as electric currents begin to overtake Kurama form, who wince in pain as he closes his eyes. I can't just let him give up his life and leave his mother behind. Without thinking I reach my melanate hand out toward the mirror and wince from the feeling.

"What are you doing" He asks, voice strain as he struggles to talk. Yusuke can only look on in shock, body paralyze.

"I can't let you do this, think about what will happen if you have up your life, how your mother will become after. Kurama, I've seen the looks of distraught parents personally." I say as a memory in my head begin to play.....

It was one day in middle school. It was after school and behind the school a crowd of students has form a circle around us. The sky was cloudy and I remember the smell of rain.

And the taste of my own blood.

I just had a fight against some of my bullies which I lost since it was five against one. Two boys and three girls against me. Everyone just watched and laughed and hyped up the fight. No one lended me a helping hand and at that point I was done. Life held no meaning anymore. I laid on the ground, breathing harshly in and out trying to catch my breath. One of my long time bullies, Jonathan stood over me with a sneer on his face.