Book 6: Chapter 2

Spending a good week at Blaise's was the best decision she made thus far and not rent a room at the leaky cauldron, or else she would've been caught with the Ollivander incident. Reading the daily prophet and the depressing news of tower bridge destroyed, and Ollivander's abduction, she wanted to know what else has been going on. Yet questions were still unanswered as Blaise was never really home anymore, nor has she seen Theo or Draco and she expected them to floo as soon as Blaise breaks the news. And yet so far the only one who ever did stop by was Tori who fussed over her whenever Blaise leaves.

Realising all this, sitting on one of the expensive couches as she waited for Blaise to get back, she would usually be asleep by this time but she really needed answers. The prophet's news weren't enough, she was avoiding the biased news on the Malfoys and other pureblood families. She wouldn't believe them until it came from the people themselves and so here she was waiting. Curled up in a large blanket on a couch facing the expensive looking fireplace that doubled as a floo network, hoping to see Blaise with Theo.

' Are they alright?' She asks herself. She was selfish for not telling them where she went, she felt horrible for leaving them up in the air to assume whatever it was she was up to. She could've just owled them, wand messaged them, anything and yet she didn't.

"What are you doing up?" A voice spoke causing Finley to look up, coming in face to face with Blaise who looked concerned. "Are you alright?" He asked her as he approached her, eyes filled with worry.

"I was just—" the floo bursted into flames once again, both turning towards the fireplace and emerged Theo who looked different. He was taller than Finley last saw him, thinner, paler, his eyes slightly dark as his cheeks were hollow. As if some of his life was sucked out. "Theo?" She called out, hoping that it was really him and not someone who looked like him.

"Hi Finney winney," he smiled causing Finley to run into his arms, it was scary to know that his temperature might as well be as cold as her. She embraced him tightly as she hasn't seen him in so long, she didn't think of the consequence of leaving for so long, thinking that she caused all this. "It's good to see you."

"Are you okay?" Theo asked frowning in worry, "What happened? Where have you been?"

"I'm okay," she tells him, cupping her dear friend's hollow and cold cheeks, rubbing them in hopes to warm them up. "I should be asking you how you are."

"With the whole wizarding world in the midst of war, I'm doing better than most days," he tells her, hugging her once again as if it was the last thing he could do.

With them reuniting, it was a mini celebration between the trio, with Blaise grabbing a well aged rum from the cellar. They bonded as if the world wasn't in peril, joking and reminiscing old times, unknown to Finley that the boys were filtering most of the current event. Finley wasn't dumb to not know the filtering words, she detected them by just how tensed Theo was when he was the one who was more laid back between all three of them. She could tell that something happened, something bad.

"Have you heard anything from Draco?" Finley asked them after taking the last swing of rum, her advantage of never getting drunk. But didn't mean her friends weren't dumb for getting drunk either, their alcohol tolerance building came in handy with these types of interrogations. "And I want the full truth," she tells them, causing them to tense up knowing that they were caught.

"If we tell you, you'll be in even more danger," Theo tells her truthfully as Blaise nudges Theo whilst glaring daggers at him. It was bad enough that Finley was here in Blaise's home, a death eater could come in and find her anytime if not for Blaise's constant meddling.

"I can handle myself," she tells them, not liking how they had been treating her as if she was a fragile doll. "If it's about Vold—"

"Don't say his name," Theo snaps, clasping his hand on Finley's mouth, startling her as her eyes widened. "They jinxed his name, if you say it he'll find you," he warns her eyes filled with fear.