Book 4: Chapter 21

"Professor," Finley's voice trailed, trying to find the right words to say to him, hopefully it would make sense. "I've been having dreams too," she spoke.

"They're not like Harry's," she adds. The professor merely looked at her, using his Legilimens on her and yet he couldn't access those parts of her brain, it alarmed him. She had gotten better at Occlumens than he hoped.

"They never stopped, and I believe it had gotten worst," she explains to him, looking him in the eye, and for the brief moment, her eyes were red and of a snake's. He had seen those kind of eyes before, once and he was now the dark lord. Could it be that this girl and he were the same?

No, of course not. Voldemort had not been in the McKinnon's that night, only Wormtail and a death eaters who were not in the inner circle. This was different, it was already in her.

"I'm afraid that I don't have the answers you want to seek Miss Potter."

"Then who should I ask?" She snapped, getting tired of the fact that she can't find the answers now when she needs them the most. "Professor, what am I?"

"Ask her yourself."

"It's a sign, Severus. You know what it means as well as I," a voice spoke from somewhere in the corridor Harry was walking in. It was the only source of noice the empty corridor had and it was getting louder each time Harry walked closer to its source. And when he did, he saw a door swing open, revealing Karkaroff and Snape, Karkaroff's sleeve was up revealing a dark mark similar to what he saw back in the world cup. He paused just in front of it, the two men finally noticing the him as the person who over heard them.

The Durmstrang headmaster rolled down his sleeve in haste, walking out of the small room he was in with Snape, leaving him with the potions master.

"Potter!" Snape called him just as he was about to run after the fleeing man. "What's your hurry?"

He slowly turned to the dark clothed professor and approached him slowly up until he was a few feet away from him. Snape looked down on him, something he had gotten used to over the years, it didn't bother him as much now as it did before.

"Congratulations, your performance in the Black Lake was inspiring," Snape spoke, ignoring Harry's confused look that being thrown at him. "Gillyweed, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir," Harry gulped, staring back at Snape intently.

"Ingenious," Snape spoke before walking inside what seemed to be a room full of potion ingredients. It must be where his private ingredients storage.

"A rather rare herb, gillyweed."

"Not something found in your everyday garden."

How would Harry know honestly? He only had Neville get it for him, it was a do or die plan of his that he thought of last minute into the day the task was going. With his sister gone and his oh so bookish friend missing, what plan must he resort to?

He heard Snape shuffle in the shelves some more, "Nor is this," the man finished as he climbed down the ladder, now holding a vial of green liquid. It was surely not something they were going to brew any time soon.

"Know what it is?" Snape asked him, raising the bottle towards Harry. Harry shrugged, how would he know what it was? He sucked at potions of he so graciously remembered.