Book 2: Chapter 19

Finley was in her own consciousness floating in the dark void, hearing the words her friends say outside of her petrified body. Scared was an understatement, she had only wished that she was able to leave a clue for her friends to see to help Harry solve the heir of Slytherin case.

She heard the small bickers from her friends about the bed placements, she felt her body move at some points. She also heard the stories from young Slytherins whom she didn't know looked up to her. She loved how the people in her house loved her the way she loved them.

But when the voices from the outside stopped, she physically feels the cold in her body. She hears the laughs that she heard from her nightmares since first year.

The monstrous laughs and the echos were almost enough to turn her insane, and at some moments she would see them.

By night when the chatters from the outside stop, she would see and hear them. She was always met with three women, three of which were different versions of her grownup self. Three had snake like eyes and wide smiles, laughing at her, at how small and powerless she was.

"Who are you?"

"We are you," they chuckled, she heard this before, and every time she does she was always puzzled.

"What are you doing here? Where did you come from?" She asked.

"We have always been here," they said in unison.

"How?"

"A child you are, you can not understand yet."

"Understand what?"

The three women vanished, she didn't get her answers, instead of shouting at them for the answers she felt herself waking up. The warmth engulfed her body and inhaled too quickly.

"Thank goodness you're awake!" The mediwitch exclaimed at her, she sat up slowly as she looked around, only one student was left and she couldn't believe who it was.

"Mione," she managed to say, her throat was dry and scratchy. The mediwitch offered her a glass of water, she drank the water in one gulp.

"Finley!"

The frizzy haired Gryffindor girl launched herself towards Finley into a hug, both girls were crying, saying sorries to one another. Both rekindling their hurt friendship by the mistrust and they were instantly friends again.

"Are you okay? Are you not hurt anymore?" Finley asked Hermione who flicked her forehead afterwards.

"You idiot! You were petrified too!"

"But you were petrified first!" She argued.

"You took longer to wake up!" She said.

Finley couldn't help but cry again as she hugged Hermione once more, she was too scared for her friends, she didn't want them to suffer something like this.

"Promise me, that we will never keep secrets from each other ever again!"

Hermione didn't hesitate, she held out her pinky. "I promise."

Harry Potter did it again, he slaughtered the basilisk with the help of the Gryffindor sword. He saved Ginny Weasley from slow death, he destroyed Tom Marvolo Riddle's diary. Of course he received points from Dumbledore for that, and yet it doesn't change how Slytherins would win the house cup that year.

The whole great halls celebrated as their muggle born friends sat with them, siblings cried, friends hugged, houses cheered. And yet the Snake house remained seated as their own has not arrived yet.

Draco watched as Granger ran towards Potter and Weasley in for a hug and a hand shake, yet their Slytherin Sprite was no where to be seen. It took everything in Blaise and Theo from resisting the urge to stand up and hex them because how dare they be happy when they still have one more person absent in the room. And that person was also their friend, and it frustrates the hell out of them that they couldn't do anything.

"Do you think she woke up?"

"Of course she did you panini head."

"Then why isn't she here?" That question remained unanswered in the Slytherin table. None of them knew what happened to Finley Evans and they were itching to know.

"A good year has came and gone. Our petrified friends are moving and healthy."

Are they though?

Was the head master blind?

They were missing one student, the only thing that was keeping the Slytherin table from cursing at the headmaster was Finley's well lit candle. It signified that she was alive and well but where was she?

The doors opened, the head master smiled as with open arms he gave out a hearty laugh. "Welcome back miss Evans."

All gazes snapped towards the double doors, snakes eyes widened with recognition. Because there stood the last person they wanted to see for the longest in the excruciating end of the year feast. She looked more than healthy, she was glowing, smiling from ear to ear as her eyes pooled with happy tears.

"It's good to be back head master."

"Finley!" The Slytherin table made a ruckus, the older girls cried in happiness, the boys cheered. Her best friends ran towards her tackling her in a hug that caused the three of them to fall on the floor causing the great hall in all forms of cheers. In all events that happened in the last few weeks at Hogwarts, by far was the return of the Slytherin Sprite was the most amusing as the Slytherins blended with the other house's cheers.

"I missed you boys!" She cried hugging her two friends who spun her around.

"You bitch! How could you get yourself petrified! Are fucking stupid?!"

Even with the vulgar languages, they were pardoned. It was a great way to end the year, the best one after a tragedy.

"Shall we start the feast?"

The feast was extravagant, much more towards Finley as her friends piled her plate with mountains of food and none of the older nor younger years (excepts Pansy Parkinson) complained.

"I can't eat all of this you idiots!" She laughed as she scolded her two fussing best friends.

"You can and will! You haven't eaten since you got petrified!" Blaise scolded adding another chicken leg on her plate.

"You don't say that you've eaten enough before you were petrified young lady, you didn't eat for three days straight since Granger was petrified!" Theo added crossing his arms glaring at Finley.

"But—"

"No buts!" Both boys yelled at her. Finley sat there in awe as she saw her friends arms crossed at her, bossing her around with her eating and there was no way for her to negotiate her way into eating a little less. Instead of complaining she smiled at them, she missed her boys too much.

"I love you both."

"We love you too Finney bear"

"Right back at you Finney Winney."

"Shut up both of you!" She laughs as she threw both boys a piece of cheese.

And that was how the year ended, with Finley smiling and laughing towards her two friends. And she couldn't wait for what next year has in store for her, especially now that she was ready to try out for the quidditch team.