Book 3: Chapter 10

"Hush little darling, it will be alright. Auntie Marlene will keep you safe alright?" A blonde woman said as she cradled the small baby in her arms, trying her best to drown the screaming outside the room. The woman's heart was beating erratically that even her ears was deafened from all the noise made by the outside and by her chest. Still slung to her side was a satchel, inside was an object that could kill her and anyone else she was close in contact with. She wasn't given a choice anymore, she needed to get to safety with the little babe in her arms.

"I promised your mummy that I keep you safe," she choked as she watched the little baby's curious eyes stare back at her. Such innocence in the middle of something so chaotic, she needed to protect this small bundle the best she could.

She walked towards the window, peaked beside the blinds to see if the coast was clear, to her luck the whole street was filled with dark cloaked men in masks. She wasn't safe, disapperating wasn't an option or she would risk the baby in her arms.

Her frantic searching for escapes were fruitless, her panicked face scared the little bundle that she started to cry. "Shh, darling don't cry," the blonde woman hushed.

"Auntie Marly promises that it's going to be okay, please don't cry my little faery," she begged the baby. Then she heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Crap!" She gasped as she now tried to look around for a place to hide. Until she saw a small cabinet door in the closet, it was small but it was enough for the baby to fit in.

"Now Faery, listen to Auntie Marly okay? We have to be quiet," she says trying to not choke on her tears as she hold the baby to face her. Tears started forming in her eyes because this may as well be the last time that she would get to hold the baby in her arms. The last time she could comfort her, the last time she could see her.

Hugging the baby to her chest, now tears streamed down her face, kissing the baby's head multiple times as well as whispering sweet nonsense into the baby's ears that she would never understand yet. "Auntie loves you darling, I know that your mummy and daddy love you too," she finally whispered as she placed the child in the cabinet, not closing it completely for her to breath.

She took out her wand, anticipating an attack any moment, at least she had her little bundle hidden away. She promised her best friend to keep her daughter safe while she and her husband were in hiding. The door broke open revealing a man she thought she knew, she gasped at who this man was and it infuriated her to see him.

"Where is it?" The man asked harshly.

"Where is what?" She snapped her wand pointing at the man, ready to curse him.

"You know what I mean Mckinnon!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Tell me where it is right now and I'll spare you," the man's voice came out to be malicious and full of malice.

"I can't trust a rat's word," she sneered.

"Very well." The next words that came out from the man's mouth were horrifying to the ears as a large green light flashed in the room.

"Avada kedarva!"

A scream.

Everyone heard it, it was a loud scream enough to wake the whole common room and the whole castle. A scream filled with fear and pain, and by the time they found the source of the scream, she was on the floor trying to hold herself together.

Finley had many dreams, all of them she remembered very vividly. Like the time she saw the dementors, the time in the third floor in first year, and of course the yellow eyes of the basilisk in the mirror before she was petrified. But none of them could compare at how terrified and broken she was after this particular nightmare, and oddly enough she instantly forgot what it was about and merely remember the horrors within it. Finley felt herself being pulled into a pair of arms, the warmth was enough to thaw her cold skin. Her erratic breathing from waking up screaming calmed a bit, but it wasn't enough to get her back to sleep. She didn't see who this person was, she didn't care who or what he was.