Book 4: Chapter 19

He was an idiot, a big bulbous idiot. Harry was now grabbing hold of two unconscious bodies, his sister and Fleur's captive. He tried his best to swim up as fast as he could with how hard it was to swim up without the use of your hands. He checked his hands that had webs on them, but surprise, they were back to being fingers. She should've swam up as quick as he could, he was a couple of feet away from the surface. His gils were disappearing too.

A few more feet from the surface, he felt a tug on his foot, still holding tightly on the two girls he was saving. He looked down and saw that they were grindylows trying to pull him down.

'Think Harry! Think!' He scolded himself, trying to kick away the grindylows that were pulling him down. He looked to each of his side, checking if any of the creatures were holding on to the girls, there were none, she used his arms to push them up. Gils now gone, he had to hood his breath when the grindylows suddenly grabbed hold of his face.

They were swarming him, trying to pull away the ones who were biting on him, she struggled to grab hold of his wand. And when he did, something sparked, and he didn't know if it was from him or not.

The hand on the clock struck to the hour mark, and in the knock of time two heads emerged from the water, one little girl and a familiar one.

Draco released the breath that he hadn't realised that he was holding, he saw Finley alright. Drenched in lake water, yes, but fine all the same.

Same reactions were seen in the girl's friends, they all relaxed at the sight of Finley floating on the lake surface with Gabrielle. Both girls coughing, it was Finley who quickly adapted to their predicament that she grabbed hold of Gabrielle. She could hear the crowds cheering, she could see the people on the platforms cheering.

"Are you okay?" She asked the girl trying to keep them both afloat, the girl nodded as she had her arms around Finley's neck. The water was freezing and she could see Gabrielle shiver to the cold, she could hear a female calling to them at the middle platform. Both of them saw Fleur holding out her hand, they both swam to her.

"Over here! Give me your hand," Fleur says as she reached out her hand for her little sister, feeling relieved that she was safe.

As soon as Fleur pulled out her sister, she helped Finley up the platform as well before smothering her sister in kisses. Covering the little girl in a blanket, muttering sorries to Gabrielle in french as she shakily comforts her sister.

Finley looked around the water, expecting Harry to be anywhere near, he saved them, but where was he? "Fleur, where's Harry?" She asked the french girl. But she was too busy checking if her sister was okay, her heart grew heavy looking back into the water. It couldn't be, he should be out the water by now, what was taking him so long?

"Finley no!" A voice yelled, arms now wrapped around her waist preventing her from going back in the water. It was Cedric firmly stopping the girl from jumping back in, he gave Cho a look, motioning her to go and get towel or a blanket.

"No! Harry is still in there, he's drowning!" She screamed as she tried to get the arms off of her, she needed to look for Harry in the water, she needed to save him.

"No, Finley, he's going to be okay—"

"He could be drowning!" She screamed, tears now streaming down her face. It was going to be her fault, her brother was going drown because he saved her first.

'That idiot! He should've saved himself!'

She felt someone embrace her even if she was trying her best to break away, if Fleur was hysterical before, Finley was now too. She was now wrapped in a thick blanket, eyes red and tears still streaming down. "Harry!"