Book 4: Chapter 22

It was the scream that got to him, it caused Harry to run but he doesn't know if it was towards it or away from it. If it was towards the sound, was he in any way ready to take down whatever made that scream? Maybe? A no brainer, obviously, but since when did he have a decent plan in this stupid tournament?

He came around the corner before leaning on the maze walls, peaking occasionally for a figure of sorts, hoping that he wasn't to go insane soon. Something walked from the corner where he hid, leaning a little bit forward, his breath hitched to see Viktor slowly walking from that path. Turning left to right, if he could, he would ask the maze to swallow him to hide. Before Harry knew it, a glowing wand was pointed against him that he gasped in surprise. He got a good look on Viktor's face, they blank, and his eyes were white, as if they were bewitched. Was that his challenge that got him insane?

Viktor dropped his wand and walked away from Harry slowly, a few moments passed as Viktor was reasonably far from him, Harry ran to the direction Viktor came from. He saw a familiar silvery blonde hair on the floor and gulped, kneeling down to a body the maze was pulling.

"Fleur?" He called, maybe if he woke her she would be alright, he doesn't really know what was in this maze, and like he thought before, they were all running in here blind.

He sighed, he can't help her now. He raised his wand to the sky, "Periculum!" He chanted, sending red sparks to the sky to inform the watchers and the headmasters. Hopefully, what happened to Fleur was part of the task.

As he sent the sparks up the sky, a sudden gush of wind came blowing anything mercilessly, the maze's walls started closing in as if breaking. Harry had no other choice but to run. Everything around him started closing in, clutching his wand securely as he ran as fast as he could. If he knew he was going to die by getting crushed with a leaf wall, his sister would be rolling in wherever she was. And just in the knick of time, he turned to a non moving opening and went through, grunting at how hard he landed on the floor.

He looked around the area, hoping that there were openings to go that had no maze walls closing in on him, he looked behind him and paused. The cup, just beyond the walls he stood in, if he made a run for it than maybe he could win.

But he spoke too soon, the bloody walls started to close on in again, he ran forward until he heard a heavy accented voice. He turned to his left and saw Viktor holding up his wand at him.

"Get down!" A voice said to his right, he saw that it was Cedric and just in time both of them dodged the spell. Cedric thinking fast, "Expelliarmus!" he pointed his wand at Viktor and hit a disarming spell at him in the chest.

Before Harry could think of anything else, he saw Cedric run to Viktor's unconscious body and kicked away his wand. Breathing heavily, Harry thought it was all over.

No. It was far from it. Cedric pointed his wand at Viktor again, and Harry alarmed by this he stood up and ran to Cedric to stop him. "No, don't! Stop!" He says as he pulls down Cedric's arm.

"He's been bewitched, Cedric!"

"Get off me!" Cedric gritted as he pushes Harry to the wall, and dear Harry still trying to convince the Hufflepuff champion to not kill the Bulgarian seeker.

Cedric ran away from Krum's body, and Harry followed suit, knowing what Cedric was going to do. He was going for the cup, and to win this blasted tournament, you need to get the cup, and so he ran after Cedric. Running in first, the struggle of being pulled back multiple times, shoved into a wall by Cedric who seemed to be in an even bigger competitive spirit than he actually should. Harry would occasionally tug on Cedric's shirt too, often times hear a tear in the fabric.