Book 2: Chapter 13

House stereotyping was something oddball students like Finley never does and never thought of doing, but seeing as she was stereotyped, sort of by her own friends she turned numb. She stormed out of the hospital wing that Christmas day back into the Slytherin common room where Draco sat along with his two large friends. Upset with how her friends thought she was an untrustworthy snake as they put it, her hurt state was crucio to anyone that would see her.

"What's wrong Evans?"

"The heir of Slytherin that's what's wrong," she said.

Motioning for the large boys to leave them both in the common room at the moment, the complied as they ran exiting the common room. "Do you want to talk about it—"

"Whoever said that we were untrustworthy are complete idiots!" She ranted. Pacing from right to left, Draco just watched her grow redder and redder with all the pent up hurt and irritation. "I swear to on Salazar's pole I will body bind them and throw them in the black lake and—"

"Now that wouldn't be very nice—"

"Fuck being nice! This is how bad wizards turn to the dark arts, the idea of all Slytherins going bad is just bullshit!"

Giving up all her rage into that one spell that destroyed one of the dungeon pool's bridge. "Okay that's enough," Draco had said. Walking towards the enraged girl he slowly reached for her wand.

"You can tell me," he said carefully as he finally hand her wand in his hand, knuckles still white and shaking, ignoring her now burning shoulder.

She cried.

"I'm going to turn bad aren't I?"

Draco shook his head, he knows that she wasn't, she was above the cruel Slytherin traits. She is clever, cunning, ambitious, and most importantly loyal, she is above all Slytherin and everyone knew that. And yet he often forgets that she was human too, and her getting upset was something she should feel once in a while, yet it was so foreign that she was seeing herself in too much negativity.

"You aren't, you're human," was all he could say as she collapsed on his shoulder crying her eyes out. She was too tired to pretend that she wasn't hurt from the difference her friends showed her.

"Slytherins aren't all bad, at least you're not bad."

"It's just the people who are scared of us look at us bad."

That night Finley Evans cried her hurt away and whether she liked it or not, Draco Malfoy was with her. And he didn't mind if it was her most vulnerable state, what he minded was that someone made her think she was going to turn bad. She was far from turning into a dark wizard, she was pure enough for all of the nasty Slytherins.

And if someone did make her think that she will turn bad, the whole snake pit will be after that bastard.

"Finney Winney! We're home!" Theo exclaimed the moment he arrived in the common room with his trunks behind him, Blaise following shortly after. Luckily Finley was on the chair far from the fire place reading a book or else the book would be in ashes by now.

"Mother made me bring you too many gifts," Blaise sighed as his trunk was extremely heavy due to the gifts his mum had him bring for his girl best friend.

She squealed at the sight of her two friends who just came back from their holidays that she jumped from her seat and jumped in for a breath shortening hug. "I missed you both!" She exclaimed as she hugs them.

"We weren't gone that long, did Draco cause you any trouble?" Blaise asked now eyeing a blond boy who was now leaning from the boy's dorm.

"I'll have you know Zabini that I invited them on Christmas dinner," Finley finds herself scoffing at her friend who was now flatly glaring at the blond boy.

"Really now?" Theo smiled mischievously at her. She was completely clueless and so was Draco, what was on with this boy and what does he know that they don't?

"Shut up you loony," Finley scolded, clearly annoyed that she doesn't know what her best friend was talking about.

"Looks to me that you just broke the first gents rule Malfoy," he winked at Draco as he dragged his trunks into the dorms. Whispering something to the blond's ear causing the boy to redden and smack his head.

"Blaise, what is he talking about?" Finley asked. Blaise chuckled all of a sudden as he too dragged his things into the boys dorms.

"Hey! Tell me!" She yelled at them as she followed them in the dorms but was stopped by Crabbe and Goyle before going in the entrance.

"If you don't tell me now you gits I will castrate you both!" She yelled from the dorm entrance corridor.

An hour flew by and her two best friends came out of their dorms now carrying at least five gifts from Missus Zabini. "Mother slipped that she wanted you as her child now," Blaise shook his head.

"Oh Blaisie darling it's alright, I'll have Snape ready my adoption papers," she giggled pinching her friends cheek. She spent the rest of the break thinking if stupid nicknames for her friends and all the boys could do was shiver.

"I won't ask what you came up with mine," Theo groaned making her laugh louder. She opened the bags from Missus Zabini and whistled, the widow was now her favourite she woman to buy her clothes. "This dress is gorgeous," she gasped as she felt for the intricate lace.

"I told her that your colour was definitely pink, she insisted with emerald," Blaise explained.

"Send her my love," she said as she opened the other bags. She heard a snigger from behind them, turning around there stood the pug faced girl whom they thought died but unfortunately didn't.

"Are you that poor to milk your rich best friend's family? I thought you were worst than Weasley who leeched on Potter," Pansy snorted.

"Are you that ugly? I can't believe you're rich yet no amount of money can fix your face," she fired back with a sweet smile playing on her lips as she held a pair of ankle boots to her face taunting Parkinson.

"Watch your mouth!" Pansy shrieked.

"No watch yours, or I would bombarda you to the last time your mother called you beautiful."

My merlin her tongue grew sharper over the break to the point that her words were turning into lethal weapons, Pansy was red in the face with rage now holding her wand. No one tried to stop her because no one has ever expected that much spunk from their nice Slytherin girl. Flint who deemed most violent froze at how cold those words came out of Finley's mouth as she held a graceful smile.

"Run along puppy, I have gifts to open," Finley finally said as she opened a new bag.