Book 4: Chapter 6

Schools start arriving, even with news that the one anticipated to come wasn't one of the students visiting, it didn't at all dampen their excitement on who was coming.

Beauxbatons arrived first in their carriage pulled by white pegasi. Out the carriage came first came out a large woman, taller than Hagrid in fact. She stepped into the entrance hall and everyone was amazed to see her.

Dumbledore applauded, and the rest of the Hogwarts students followed suit for they were too star stuck to even show appreciation towards a fascinating looking woman. Her face relaxed as she saw Dumbledore, she extended her hand towards him, Dumbledore who looked to have just barely reached up to her shoulder, kissed the woman's hand.

"My dear Madame Maxime, welcome to Hogwarts," Dumbledore greeted the woman with a large smile, his head craned up as the woman was too tall for him.

"Dumbly-dorr, I 'ope I find you well?"

"Excellent form, I thank you," Dumbledore says smiling fondly at the tall woman, her being his long time friend.

"My pupils," Madame Maxime waved her hand carelessly, signalling her students to come out the carriage. The ladies inside caught the majority of Hogwarts male population, all of them were clad in blue hats and shawls, some were shivering under the cold weather in Scotland. They all looked to be seventh years, some tad bit younger, Draco couldn't sworn that he saw a girl with a blue ribbon braided in her hair and he only knew one person who loved putting ribbons in her hair.

"Has Karkaroff arrived yet?" Madame Maxime asked Dumbledore.

"He should be here any moment, would you like to wait here and greet him? Or would you like to step inside and warm up a trifle?" Dumbledore asked the woman.

"Warm up I think," she said in hesitation seeing as her pupils were starting to visibly shiver. "But the horses—"

"Our care of magical creatures will be delighted to take care of them," Dumbledore assures. "The moment he has returned from the dealing of a situation that has arisen from his other charges," he explains.

"My steeds require a force of handling," Madame Maxime says, looking rather worried for the person who was going to left to deal with her horses. "They are very strong."

"I assure you that Hagrid will be up for the job." And that seemed to be enough for the giantess to put her faith in this man Dumbledore recommends her.

"Very well," she sighed, bending down in a bow slightly. "Will you please inform zis 'Agrid that the horses only drink single malt whiskey," she says.

"It will be attended to," Dumbledore says.

With a satisfied smile on her face, Madame Maxime motioned for her hand, her students paid attention, "Come," she says as they walked into the Hogwarts castle.

Durmstrang also came shortly with their ship emerging from the waters. Soon, students with the built physiques cane marching out the ship, males catching the majority of female attention. Even Harry was surprised to see a familiar face in there, he nudged Ron who was on his side. "Look, it's Sebastian!" He informed excitedly. At least he knew one student from another school.

"Dumbledore!" A man wearing different furs says with a smile on his face, he embraced the Hogwarts head master. "How are you my dear fellow? How are you?"

"Blooming! Thank you Professor Karkaroff," Dumbledore says with an equally enthusiastic tone in his voice.

"Dear old Hogwarts," the man Karkaroff says smiling, as if he was reminiscing memories. "How is it to be here," he paused looking back and called in a student.