Book 1: Chapter 6

Flying lessons started, Gryffindors faced Slytherins with brooms on their sides. Madam Hooch walking around with inspecting if students had well kept brooms before use. "Alright class, welcome to flying class, now I want you all to hold out your hands and yell Up to grab the broom."

Easier said than done, only a handful of students got a hold of their broom. Hermione had trouble grabbing hers, Harry got on the first try as did Draco. Finley on the other hand was among the students who couldn't get the brooms.

"Be more stern and aggressive," tipped Draco as he looked at Finley struggle.

"I've been trying," she muttered.

"Up!" Her broom barely moved an inch. Draco started tipping her some more, she was thankful yes but the way he was instructing her felt like she was stupid. "Up!"

"More Evans, be more aggressive."

"Draco for one moment shut up please," she snapped, it did seem to do the trick yet it left a bitter taste in her mouth being harsh on him. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, just do it."

Without second thought she held her palm, having second thoughts if it would work or not. She placed a serious face on and stiffened her hand, "Up!"

To her surprise the broom was on her hand, "I knew you could do it," Draco commented.

She wanted to keep saying thank you, as far as to hug him but didn't. It would've been really awkward that she doesn't know him enough.

"Mount your brooms and in the count to three, you push off!" But before the flying instructor could even blow her whistle, one of the Gryffindor boys, Neville, flew up .

"Get down Mister Longbottom!"

Finley watched her friend in horror, fearing for his life and couldn't find the words to either calm him or alert the teacher. But it clearly wasn't Neville's day for he flew up and rammed towards a nearby tree, she bursted into a run to reach her friend.

"Neville! Are you okay?" She asked frantically checking for injuries. The boy groaned in pain as the girl accidentally gripped his wrist tighter that his yelp frightened her even more.

"I'm sorry!" She kept telling him over and over again as she fussed over him.

"Let me take over here Ms. Evans," Madame Hooch said as she gently patted the worrying girl's shoulder. Holding The injured limb the teacher sighed.

"It's just a broken wrist, nothing to worry about."

Just a broken wrist?! Finley almost yelled at the teacher for her being dense that Neville was clearly traumatised from the flying along with the pain of the injury. "Let's take you to the Hospital wing."

"May I come with Professor?" The girl asked still worrying.

"No need for that dear, you stay here with the rest of the class," the professor turned towards the laughing Slytherins and the flabbergasted Gryffindors.

"I will take Mr Longbottom to the hospital wing, if any of you have their feet of the ground when I get back! I will have you in detention before you say quidditch!" And the teacher sped off with the student.

Finley was a bit restless, knowing her friend was in the hospital wing with a broken wrist, she went back in line and saw Hermione giving her a sympathetic look. "Look here! That bloke left something."

Finley looked towards her fellow slytherin and saw him holding a ball of sort, Harry the boy who lived stood up holding out his hand. "Give it here Malfoy!"

"Make me Potter," the blond Slytherin said getting on his broom.

"Draco! Get down from there, you'll cause us points!" Finley yelled out, she disapproved this type of behaviour and she thought that this boy would have behaved a little better.

But the warning fell on deaf ears as her fellow Slytherin and Harry Potter sped away, Draco Malfoy throwing away the ball.

Harry Potter flew after it as it went towards a window, "Harry!" Finley screamed horrified for another possible injury or worst. And yet the boy caught the ball as he came back to the ground happily holding the ball.

Relief washed over Finley and yet she saw Malfoy snarling at the boy who caught the ball, she went over to him and calmly spoke. "What in the world is wrong with you," she glared.

The blond boy tried to speak but was caught off. "You could've hurt him! And yourself! Are you a bloody idiot Malfoy!" She scolded, practically yelling at the poor boy who was now guiltily looking at the ground.

"Mister Potter!"

Students from both houses fell silent from cheering as Professor McGonagall came towards the field. Finley's heart fell, Harry Potter might be expelled and she was not up for that news. Eventually McGonagall dragged Harry back to the Castle, as she fell watching the ground.

Classes ended around 4, she decided to meet her friend Hermione in the library, but eventually wasn't the case as there were two Slytherin boys bickering behind her.

"Will both of you stop following me," she snapped behind her to see Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini who froze underneath her gaze.

"Hello Evans!"

She rolled her eyes as she began walking to the library again, and there she saw her frizzy haired Gryffindor friend, she waved at her as she reached her table.

"Hi Finley," Hermione greeted as she sat down again, taking out their school things getting ready for the first ever homework that they were given.

"How was your afternoon?" Finley asked as she opened her Herbology book.

"Well after Flying lessons, it was," Hermione trailed off. Finley knew she was lonely, she didn't bother to pester her as she changed the subject with a topic about their subjects.

"I like transfigurations, it was the best," Finley strained from giving out an overly excited squeal.

"I liked charms," Hermione retorted.

"I suppose we also have defence against dark arts to look forward to, I heard that they don't have the same teacher twice," Finley stated. Apparently Severus was trying to land that subject, but every time he did apply for it, he was rejected. She knew Severus was qualified enough for it as well, with the numbers of books in her home Potions and DADA books easily over powered them all.

"I suppose we should head back to the common rooms before supper, just so we can relax," Finley suggested as she started to roll up her parchment.

Hermione nodded, but then a familiar blond boy and chubby henchmen came. "What are you doing with a Gryffindor?"

"Studying with her," she replied nonchalantly.

"Well you should stop," Draco Malfoy said glaring at Hermione who was giving him an equal amount of dislike.

"You aren't the boss of me Draco," she snapped, grabbing Hermione's hand and walking pass the three boys. "You're betraying our house then—"

"I have the decency of being a well mannered Slytherin Malfoy. And I believe you were taught to be polite and respectful to your fellow wizard," she snapped at him.

"But not with people like her—"

"Like what?"

"Like a mudblood."

Finley snapped, she took her bag and rammed it against Draco Malfoy and leaving him with a huff, Hermione closely following her. "Why did you do that?"

"She should never call you that horrid word," Finley huffed again still hot headed with the blond Slytherin boy.

"What is a mudblood?" Hermione asked her again, she was better off not knowing and Finley did just that. She did not answer Hermione's question as they went separate was with a subtle goodbye as they retreated to their respective common rooms.

Hermione was indeed better off not knowing, because she was better to be called by it.