Book 6: Chapter 17

The burrow was never like the estates that Finley stayed throughout her years, by her years, she meant the many mansions she's been in her life such as the Zabini's mansion, the Thorns' Estate, and briefly, the Nott's Manor. Unlike the one mentioned, the burrow was small, barely had a room with all the people in the house at present. Of course, it wasn't built for many people, but Molly Weasley somehow managed to make it liveable for all of them for the holidays. It was as impressive as the tents and all that, and she managed to get Finley to room in with Ginny and Hermione.

Ginny's room surprisingly held up a single bed and two sleeping bags, a nook by the window that Finley called dibs on to sleep in. Hermione slept on the floor near the vanity mirror just at the foot of the nook where she slept, while Ginny took the bed. It was small, too cozy, but it was warm, and it was alright. Added the fact that it had the best view of the field outside, it gave her peace of mind as she had Cassian, who stayed with the Weasleys while she and Mirelle were away, on her lap in the evenings.

Only the difference now was that it was Christmas eve, and everyone was downstairs while she was alone in the room. Wearing a pair of skinny trousers and a green Weasley sweater that Mrs. Weasley gave them as an early gift. She tucked the white dress shirt that she borrowed from Theo a while back, having the collar stick out from under the jumper. The elegant knuckle-sized cursive 'F' was embroidered to the right of her chest. She didn't know what to do during these holidays, contemplating whether to go after the night and do whatever, but the risk of that was too much.

"Ginny!" She heard Mrs. Weasley's yell from downstairs, causing her to sigh as she took that as a cue to go downstairs. She sat back down on the nook, petting Cassian who purred under her touch, she didn't feel all comfortable in this house. Usually, she would be, the burrow had always welcomed her, but in the back of her mind, something told her that something bad was going to happen soon. She didn't know what.

"Finn?"

"Yes?" She replied turning to the door to see Mirelle who peaked by the door.

"Come downstairs, love. Everyone is getting ready to eat," the woman informs the girl, opening the door wide as she got inside. Seeing the hesitation on the girl's face that it was worrying, sure she had not been in the girl's life in some time, but it didn't stop her worry for her. After all, Mirelle Thorns did take care of her when she was just a child, and she loved the girl as if she was her own. "Is something bothering you?"

"Nothing," Finley replied with a tight-lipped smile on her face, picking up Cassian who in her defense weighed a ton but did so as the cat himself was a baby for her. She also didn't have the heart to tell Mirelle that she had seen Sebastian in Hogwarts, not that the woman wouldn't know at all, he was her brother after all.

Walking down the steps to the main house, skipping over the last step as she knew the twins placed a joke in there. She entered the kitchen where Mrs. Weasley fussed with the food, the twins horsing around and all that. She turns to the living room where she saw Remus and her brother with a few others in a heated discussion, leaning against a pillar as she watched the distress in Harry's face.

"Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" Remus asks Harry skeptically as he looked at Harry with wariness, something that Finley knew was frustrating to Harry as she had been shooting down his claims that didn't know was right or wrong. By now he was going to seem like he was insane as he had repeatedly accused the Malfoys in the past, but the problem was, this time Harry was right, and now she doesn't know if she was the insane one of the two.

"I know it sounds bad," Harry replied, hopeful that Remus would believe him, glancing up slightly to see Finley leaning against the pillar, he sat straight.