Book 3: Chapter 19

"Are you sure that it's alright for you to go with us?" Hermione asks Finley who was waiting for them in the courtyard. Harry and Ron stood behind Hermione, feeling as distraught as they were about learning that today was Buckbeak's execution. Harry was the one to owl Finley about this, that she was the first one to be in the courtyard. They all had a hand in placing a good defence for Buckbeak, it just so happens that the man who sued an animal was a man who had many connections in the ministry.

"I'm sure," Finley curtly said crossing her arms over her Slytherin sweater, rubbing them together to keep her a tad bit warmer.

"Hey, Everything will be alright," Harry tells her. Finley avoided Harry's gaze, looking down at her feet. She didn't want to look at Harry, because if she did then it would get her hopes up that maybe they really were siblings. And Finley more than anything, wanted that. But it might also not be true, and she would hate herself if she crashed and burned for something she thought that made sense.

"We should go," Finley suggests as she eyes the man sharpening a large axe, it was obvious that it was the executioner. Hermione holding on to Finley's hand comfortingly as she pulled Finley out the courtyard to the castle exit leading to Hagrid's hut.

But before they could go there completely, they saw three familiar boys laughing by the large rocks. Three of them wearing black, one was standing out as a platinum blond, and Finley was too upset with the execution to acknowledge them.

"Oh! Come to watch the little show?" Malfoy mused with open arms as if welcoming the four of them to a wonderful show. It was anything but wonderful, Finley was an inch closer to punch the boy, but Hermione as petite as she was beat Finley to it.

"You! You foul, loathsome evil little cockroach!" The Gryffindor sneered holding up her wand towards Malfoy who now had his back on the stone wall, face contorted into an anguished look of pain.

"Hermione! No!" Finley heard Ron yell. In truth Finley wanted Hermione to hex Draco, for one he certainly deserve it. "He's not worth it," Ron calmly says hoping that Hermione would listen to him.

"It's worth it," Finley piped in glaring at Draco and his two large friends who were scared for dear life at the other end of Hermione's wand. "I would hex them myself if only my wand wasn't in my pocket," she continues.

"Not helping Finley," Ron scolds the slytherin girl, and still he was amused at the deadly look she was shooting at her fellow Slytherins.

Draco was whimpers under the wand's point scared for his life, Hermione slowly dropping her wand realising that it really wasn't worth it, turning around until he heard chuckles.

What happened next stunned the two Gryffindor boys and Finley, Hermione throwing a right hook at Malfoy on the nose shocking his companions.

"Malfoy are you okay?" Vincent gasped seeing blood trail down the blond git's nose, Finley almost felt sorry. Almost.

"Let's go quick!" Gregory exclaimed pulling the pain faced Malfoy from the scene, leaving Finley, Harry, and Ron grinning from ear to ear.

"Feel good Mione?" Finley mused.

"It felt great," Hermione smirked.

"Great? That was bloody brilliant!" Ron exclaimed, causing the four of them to laugh. Normally Finley would have an excuse for Draco's actions, the Gryffindors know that well even if the git was also offending Finley.

"You were going easy on him," Finley remarks before pulling Hermione with her down the path.

"Easy? She socked him with her fist!"