Book 4: Chapter 8

A couple of days had passed since the three schools arrived, since the selection cup was opened for students by the age of seventeen and up. So far a handful of people were dropping in their names to the flame, that was what Finley was able to see as she sat in the great hall by herself. The rain outside arrived when she just finished her classes, resulting in her shivering as her school cardigan was drenched in rain water. Their headmistress was currently speaking to Dumbledore and the other headmaster about the tournament, and a few of the Beauxbatons students were around seeing who among the male population of both schools were cute.

No one seemed to notice her in the corner shivering, unfortunately for her, she forgot the drying charm which was very stupid of her. As bright she was, she was easy to forget, and now here she was shivering her teeth off. Even if her brother and Ron were only across the hall, they were too caught up with the name dropping in the selection cup that they couldn't see her.

Aside from all that, she witnessed her good friend Cedric also drenched from the rain outside, drop his parchment in the flame. Much to her disapproval of him entering, she had no doubt he was capable of handling himself. He was bright and witty enough to have himself get through all the shit that was going to be thrown towards him if he was ever chosen.

"You look like you've been stuck in Scandinavia without a coat, here," a familiar voice said, on her shoulder now laid a male fur coat similar to the ones the Durmstrang boys wore. Finley clutched on to it tightly trying to get her warm again, with her teeth slightly chattering she faced Sebastian a bit and smiled at him weakly.

"Where were you running around in? You're drenched," the boy worried says grabbing his wand, performing the drying charm on Finley, though he wasn't particularly good at it, he only managed to dry her hair but nit her clothes. At least the warm arm he placed over her shoulder made it a good warming pillow.

"I was hoping to walk by the black lake when it rained," Finley said, now sliding her arms in the coat's sleeves and shoving her hands under her armpits to warm them.

"Well then next time you should bring your umbrella—"

"Funny you should mention that, you borrowed mine yesterday and you didn't return it," she sarcastically said, giving Sebastian a look in which he only returned a sheepish smile.

Sebastian was about to say something when a loud cheer was heard coming in the great hall, too familiar voice in fact that both Finley and Sebastian stood up from their seats to look what it was all about.

"Well lads, we've done it," George announced holding a vile up with yellow liquid. "Cooked it up just this morning."

"Oh no," Finley groaned recognising the contents of the vial the twins held in their hands. "What?" Asked Sebastian looking confused as to what the twins did to cause such look on Finley and Hermione as he could see.

"Aging Potion," Finley sighs, trying to cuddle in the jacket Sebastian lent her. "They're going to get in big trouble," she adds.

"It's not going to work," Hermione interrupts the cheers in a sarcastic sing song manner, holding a book certainly not amused with what the Weasley twins were going to do.

"Oh yeah?"

"Why is that Granger?"

"You see this?" Hermione points to the white floating circle around the selection cup. "This is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

"So someone as brilliant as Dumbledore couldn't be bamboozled by the pair of you," Finley pipes in, arms out the Durmstrang coat sleeves and now crossed over her chest.