Book 5: Chapter 18

Finley grew red at Draco's compliment, in truth, she just wore anything that she could pass as casual. Thank god for the last gift she ever received from Missus Zabini being an emerald dress. She stood in front of Draco anxiously, she hoped that she wasn't over dressed, at the same time she hoped that she didn't look like a girl who could break down any moment. She looked around the room and was at awe, it was likely one of her most favourite room of requirement transformations by far, this has place itself above the time she and Draco turned it into an observatory back in third year.

She saw a hand reach in front of her, looking up, Draco's grey eyes met hers, reaching for her to grab his hand. This all seemed unfair, he look dashing without even trying, and she had to take her time to actually look nice.

"Are you hungry by any chance?" Draco asks her, as if on cue, her traitorous stomach growled causing her to go deep red again. She hasn't been eating much since the interrogation, good god, she had been avoiding the great hall since then.

"I'll take that as a yes?"

"I hope you have a turkey leg in there," Finley hoped as Draco pulled out a chair for her.

"All the Slytherin sprite's favourites, including dessert," Draco grinned cockily. This caused her to smile, for a moment there, Draco the pompous git was gone forever, he had been too nice to everyone this year, even a number of his haters had come to realise that.

He took out the basket he got from the kitchens, low and behold, the elves did a fantastic job at not even missing a single dish that she loved. "And for dessert," Draco announced, now pulling out a milkshake, one that she and Blaise had back in third year when they had their new year's rendezvous that got then in trouble.

"You sir, are incredible," she gasped at the sight of the food, her stomach was too happy to not grab every single one to try.

Draco scoffs, "Have you met me? I exceed everyone's expectations," he smirked.

Finley rolled her eyes at him before taking a piece of the turkey, "What would've exceeded all my expectations, is if you take me to a dragon petting zoo," she grinned, leaning back as she took a sip from the milk shake. "Now that is a date."

Draco pales at the mention of Dragons, last year he had admired them of course, but up close? Maybe he might faint, maybe. Or maybe the dragon would faint of the sight of him, of course, who wouldn't faint at the sight of him.

"There aren't any petting zoos for dragons," he mentioned, trying to take his mind off of the Dragon and fire that could burn him alive. "Romania is a reserve, not a zoo."

"It would've been epic though," Finley smiled as she continued eating.

She didn't know what it was, but she always felt safe in this room with him, she would look up and catch him looking at her. He would try his best at cracking a joke or two, he would more likely boast about something he did that wasn't all that amazing but she would still praise him for it. Her mind got too busy for the nuisance that bugged her since the start of the year, with him she could forget everything, the evening was the best she had in the long time for sure.

"I still can't get over the idea of Harry turning your shoes into stilettos," Finley snorted. "How in bloody hell did you learn to walk in heels? It took me a year to get a hang of it."

"It's all in the balance," Draco winked, hiding his flustered self under the overly confident one. That particular day with Potter changing his shoes, walking in the highest heels possible was a skill he learned from his mother. It was a phase he had as a child, age five to twelve, he had been walking in his mother's shoes to be taller and act even cockier. He only stopped at thirteen when he realised that only girls were allowed to wear heels, in which he though to be incredibly offending for short boys who wanted to feel tall.