Book 5: Chapter 8

Looking down at her two headed snake ring, Finley waited in an isolated hall in the school, checking the black stone strapped by the two snake heads. Walking out the great hall with people staring at her back as she left made her a bit paranoid, especially when Theo and Blaise had been tailing behind her every where she went. Blaise can have the upper hand, after all she was 'adopted' as he claims, and Theo, being Blaise's best friend will go wherever he was. But the fact still remained, the two of them treated her like she was Finley and it didn't settle well with her.

Biting her lip, she waited for Harry. Positive that she saw him walk out the great hall, the warning her other self had told her. Voldemort was bothering Harry's mind, was that why he looked so restless today?

"Fin—"

"Shh!" Finley snaps as she heard Harry almost call her by her name, the boy's eyes widened in realisation and slapped a hand on his mouth. He almost forgot that in school, Finley was Blythe, as instructed he would address her as so even if they were alone or unless they weren't in school.

"Sorry," Harry apologised, shoving his hand in his robe pockets, sheepishly looking down on the floor for the mistake.

"Be more careful," Finley tells him, glancing side ways as she leaned on the wall, passive looking. "Did you sleep well?" She finally asks him, the dark circles under Harry's eyes was proof that he hadn't slept well. The amulet wasn't working on him after all, and it was annoying.

"I have—"

"And the dark circles under your eyes is eye liner, okay," Finley retorted as she didn't like how Harry tried to lie to her. "Are you in your emo phase Harry? Because if you are, I can draw your eyeliner," she tells him, narrowing her eyes at him.

At the moment, Harry wasn't going to hide it anymore, after all, he can never hide anything even if his life depended on it. At least not to Finley.

"What did you dream about?" She asks him again, this time gentler than her snapping a few minutes ago. Seeing as there was no use in using legilimens on Harry, it would him out at how sleep deprived he is.

Harry couldn't tell her, not because he didn't want to, he was just not sure. It could be something random, something his mind made up because of the fear of Voldemort being alive and roaming the streets of London, gathering his army. He shakes his head, no answer clear enough to make sense to him much less to Finley whom he doubted could understand him.

Both of them heaved out a sigh, classes haven't even started and they were already stressed. Finley only wanted to give Harry a hug, tell him that he has her beside him, but the risk was too high.

"You should go to class, I'll see you in Defence," Finley tells Harry, patting him on the shoulder with a tight lipped smile before walking to the opposite direction, leaving Harry in the corridor alone.

Brewing Draught of Peace is anything but peaceful.

"No! You pig snot, porcupine quills come later!—" but to Finley's dismay, Pansy whom she had the pleasure to be partnered with for this assignment. Pansy dumped in a handful of porcupine quills into the cauldron, making the concoction explode. How this girl became a prefect, Snape must've been mad.

"I thought they were unicorn horns!—"

"Knock knock, you idiot! Do these quills look like white sprakly unicorn horns to you?" Finley snapped at Pansy, pointing at the porcupine quills that were left on the table before taking a handkerchief from her pocket and started to wipe off the concoction that was now splattered all over her.

"I put in the wrong thing, big deal—"

"No! Fifteen years ago, your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!"