Book 6: Chapter 22

The hospital wing was eerily quiet after being fussed by professors and a couple of students, too busy to notice a girl whose robes were wet in toilet water and blood. Her tear-streaked face looked scared as she watched Madam Pomfrey check for any other injuries on the blond boy, scared to hear that he had passed away right before her eyes.

Sat down beside the boy on a wooden stool, holding his hand, caressing it to make sure the unconscious boy knows that she was there and had no intention of leaving. Some Slytherins visited but had not stuck around as much, Pansy came in and brought her something to eat as she was too stubborn to leave Draco's side. Blaise tried to convince her to return to the dungeons with him but couldn't, Theo was nowhere to be seen.

Finley would be lying if she said that she wasn't traumatized by what she just saw, her boyfriend laying on the flooded floor bleeding by the use of her own brother's wand. What luck she has, clearly someone hates her and cursed her to suffer this much. And she thought dying the first time was traumatic enough.

"Finley."

"Finley—" she snapped her face towards the person calling her, facing the hospital wing entrance was Harry. In now dry clothes, she could tell that his jaw was clenched as he stared intensely at her hand that held Draco's warming one.

"You have the gall to face me, after what you did?" She venomously says, glaring daggers his way. If looks could kill, Harry would be a mangled mess of what used to be his body.

"I didn't mean to," he quietly says, still staring at Draco's body that laid motionlessly on the bed.

"Didn't mean to?" Finley scoffed, looking down at her hands that were clasped on Draco's. Praying to whoever was willing to listen in the sky to forgive her for whatever she might do to her brother if he ever tried to say something to her. "Harry, you almost killed someone."

"I, I saw the spell in a book," Harry tries to explain, he was starting to stutter even but he continued. "I saw it in a potion book, and it's gone now, I don't know where it is and neither does anyone else."

"So what do you want me to say?" She humourlessly asked, "Good work? That book can never harm anyone again? Was the book possessed by Tom Riddle? Did he control you like what he did to Ginny?"

"No, That wasn't the point—"

"What do you mean that wasn't the point, Harry?" She frowns at him, "don't you see him laying here?"

"He was scared for his life, for his mother's, and his father's lives. He did what was asked of him, but because you don't think with that organ in your skull you might've just earned yourself a cell in Azkaban if Snape hadn't intervened," she gritted her teeth at him.

"Why is it always him? Why him?" Harry snapped at her, looking more and more crossed by the minute. "I'm your brother, we're family. Why do you care more when it comes to him than you care about me?"

She clenched her jaw, speechless most likely but she was angry about it.

"Have you ever tried to ask yourself why I turn away from you and towards them?" She asked him, letting go of Draco's hand before crossing her arms over her chest loosely. A simple frown was etched on her face as she looked at Harry who was glaring at her still, she could tell that he was upset that she was mad ad him for almost killing someone. That someone is his arch-nemesis, Draco.

"Have you ever given a thought to what drove me to them?" She asked again, standing up from the stool and walking towards him. "What have you done to earn my loyalty to you Harry? Because frankly, I've given you multiple chances to gain it and you haven't done one thing."