Book 4: Chapter 20

"Now I remember, I remember when I first met you all," Hagrid spoke as he was walking with Hermione and Ron, Finley was walking behind them while Harry was up ahead. Both Potters were silent and the half giant and their friends didn't mind.

"Biggest bunch of misfits I ever set eyes on," Hagrid remarks, Hermione giggling while Ron chuckled. "Suppose you remind me of myself a little," Hagrid added as they continued walking in the forest to his hut which was a still bit farther than planned.

"And here we all are, four years later—"

"We're still a bunch of misfits," Ron interrupted with a grin on his face, he wasn't wrong they still were.

"Well, maybe, but we've all got each other."

"And Harry of course. Soon to be the youngest triwizard champion there's ever been!"

Finley winced at the title, Harry being the youngest triwizard champion, how jolly is that, he almost got killed twice. She still trailed behind the group in front of her, looking down on her feet, trying to distract herself from the dead leaves and twigs breaking under her feet.

Her mind was too stuffed with things she wished she didn't have the pleasure of learning about, she wished she didn't ask.

From a distance, she started to hear the Hogwarts hymn being sung by the celebrating giant and two Gryffindors. She needed to stop thinking of such negativities, her brother was in second place in today's task. Harry saved two captives, she was proud as heck for him and surely their parents were too. At least she assumes that they would be.

She looks up towards Harry who was walking father away from the path, wherever he was going, she wanted to make sure that it wasn't leading to a place that could potentially kill him for the third time this year. She ran up to him, she could see him holding up his hand on his scar, something was wrong and she knows that whenever his scar hurts.

"Harry," she calls, placing a hand on his shoulder as soon as she reached him. "Are you okay? Why is your scar hurting?"

"I don't know," Harry spoke as he pointed at a black hat, a familiar black hat. Finley narrowed her eyes at him, distinctly remembering that the minister wore the same one. Did the old bloke drop it? But why would it be here?

They both walked forward, just behind the tree they stood on, they could see a foot. Finley's alarms went off, this couldn't be.

"Mister Crouch?" Harry called out as he continued to walk, Finley clutching on his arm securely, pulling out his wand for good measure. As the two of them finally got a good look of the body, Harry froze in place while Finley's knees gave out.

"A man has died here, Fudge. And he won't be the last. You must take action," Dumbledore's voice boomed from his office just as Finley and Harry arrived in his office. Both of their hearts were hammering against their chest, a lot of students were asking them about what they saw, thankfully their friends held them off enough until they got in the headmaster's office.

"I will not," a voice spoke. "In times like these, the wizard looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore!" He argued to the headmaster.

Finley looks up at Harry who held the same expression she had, it was bullshit, the man died and this man doesn't want to do anything. Call off the tournament for crying out loud!

"Then for once show them some!"

"The triwizard tournament will not be cancelled. I will not be seen as a coward!"

It was too much for Finley, she didn't care if it was rude, she bursted in the headmaster's office looking furious. Harry barely holding her back.