Book 5: Chapter 16

Finley forgets a lot of things, and by a lot, like really a trunk ton of things. Mostly classes, she's falling behind her classes, she often fell asleep, other times she would go back to the lake to visit that Runespoor in the lake that it was locked in the ruined castle.

And here she was in the Hogwarts' restricted section, looking for charms or spells she could use that was better than the blasted time turner. She told her Harry, and her Slytherins were she was going to be, she even borrowed Harry's invisibility cloak to camp inside the restricted section undetected. Not that anyone would find her here, she was stealthy to pretend that she was coming in the library every morning and in between classes, to be fair no one has seen her as much in a week.

That is, until today.

"What do you mean she's interrogating everyone?" She snapped towards Astoria who looked alarmed at the announcement. "Everyone as in everyone?"

"I mean everyone," the younger girl confirmed, sitting down next to Finley on the floor in the more isolated parts of the library.

"I'm scheduled for interrogation in two hours."

"And she even has a schedule?!" Finley gasped, the absurdity in all this was like the Hogwarts train to her brain, she didn't think the toad would stoop so low in gaining control. "Who does she think she is? The queen of england?!"

"She may as well be thinking that," Astoria shakes her head, hugging her knees, obvious that she was nervous about this interrogation thing. After seeing the many many scars that were written on her roommate's hand, it frightened her that she might get the exact same thing if the woman didn't like what she had just said.

Finley hated to admit it, but she was scared too. The woman could use the truth serum, and everything they worked hard for will go down the loo in less than a minute. With the ministry going through lengths, she doesn't doubt that using the serum on students was no longer illegal. Patting the younger girl's shoulder, she can't deny that she was nerved at the idea of Astoria going in that toad's office alone. She can't even promise that everything will be okay, because she knew that this was only the beginning of something far worst.

"Inquisitorial squad? What the fuck?"

"I knew she was going to get lost the moment you tell her that," Blaise shook his head at Draco who sheepishly hid his inquisitorial badge that he unwillingly obtained by joining forces with the toad. It wasn't even lunch time, and this was the second bit that gotten Finley lost in thought. Is this what she gets for camping in the restricted section for seven days and skipping lessons?

"What is the inquisitorial squad?" She raised her brow at the three boys, all had the same badge Draco had.

"It's Umbitch's way of gaining authority from the students," Theo explains, now holding a bag of liquorice wands. "Draco's idea."

"And why?"

"To make sure that she doesn't get on your cases during meetings, honestly," the blond rolled his eyes. "Potter thinks you're all stealthy, Filch already found the first entrance and keeps waiting for you to get out. I was forced to use a confundus charm on him a little too much this week, a little more, he would get used to it."

She plopped down on Draco's bed, trying to process the new information that she just received, everything crashed down too fast. It may not seem much, but to her it really was. "You know, back when I was dead, no one bothered me as much as that woman," she muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose, failing to realise the words she had just said.

The idea of her being dead again was scary, her boys weren't over that fact yet, she failed to see that until she looked up and felt the heavy air between the three of them. She but her lip in regret, "I shouldn't have said that," she says looking down in shame.