Book 3: Chapter 9

So far during Finley's third year in Hogwarts, she was threatened to change schools, lacked of proper sleep, tired of quidditch practice, and yearned talking to her lion friends. To top it all off, Snape was always on her case about really cutting off all connections of any lion in the premise of the school. She was thankful that the man didn't think of having the whole quidditch team involved with keeping her away from Gryffindors. Even with first years she was still not allowed to get near any of them, it was taking a large toll on her. And yet here she was sitting in Snape's office in free period after learning that Harry Potter spoke to her a few weeks back. In all honesty, she thought the man was rather slow in learning her little to no interactions with lions. She over estimated Snape's ability to find answers that she thought she was getting into trouble that day but no. It had been a full month since she spoke to Harry, well cried to Harry.

"Are you really going to keep me here Professor?" She restrained her voice from turning into a whining tone. The Professor thought it was a good idea to keep her in his dungeons classroom before she was to go to her next class. Since her best friends can't accompany her at the moment seeing as they both had Divination, and she being the controlled little snake she was, she dropped the subject because she was asked to.

"Yes, until either Zabini, Nott, or Malfoy can come in an collect you," The Professor said, his eyes not leaving the black board where he was writing a new potion for his next class.

She refrained from rolling her eyes at the idea of Draco Malfoy taking her to her next class, she could never forget how he got the Hippogriff Buckbeak sentenced to death for his stupidity. She was also upset with the bloke bragging that he was going to keep Buckbeak's head and use it as decoration. To this day her friends remain on high alert whenever the blond boy was around in fear that she would give him an almost permanent hex.

The chalk taping on the black board irritated her, she could be using this time in the library or in the common to get a few minutes of napping. She could be in her room finishing a book, or learning a new latin curse of sorts, or catching up on three months worth of sleep. But no, the Professor had to keep her in his classroom to keep her away from lions.

"I haven't even talked to Harry or the other Gryffindors, why am I here?"

"Perhaps you forgot that conversation you had with Potter?"

She scoffed. 'It's not like I snogged him in the broom closet' she thought in her head. But of course she held her tongue, it would get her in an ever deeper hole if she was becoming a smart ass.

Silence filled the dungeon classroom once again, only the chalk against the blasted black board was heard. She never thought of destroying the black board before, and during this excruciating waiting game for someone to come and whisk her off her feet, she never felt more inclined to do so.

"Lizard's heart not tongue," she said staring at the blackboard with a lazy expression. She kept reading the words on the black board and surely the professor was planning to fail OWLs taking students by purposely listing the wrong ingredients.

"I know what I'm doing Evans—"

"Pardon me professor, but are you purposely listing the wrong things to fail students?"

She knew she caught on, but it didn't mean that she didn't get into trouble, because right now the professor was glowing red. Red enough to rival the rubies in the Gryffindors' points glass.

"Finley!"

"Out!"

She smirked, the Professor was done with her. She very happy to see who it was that called her that she almost jumped up from the stool she sat on and sped off to the exit. "You need to change that Professor—"