Book 3: Chapter 5

Doing her homework in the common room was the worst decision she made in her life, especially with Draco now pestering her for some reason to date him. "Leave me alone Malfoy," she snaps every five minutes.

"This will end once you say yes," Draco wiggled his eye brows at her, his grey eyes meeting her emerald green ones. She tried her best in not getting mesmerised with his grey eyes, and most of the time she was successful.

"Like I said last time you blond Toe rag, not a damn chance," she hissed as she kept on reading her Arithmancy book with her roll of parchment on the other side of her. It wasn't helping her situation that both her friends were in detention and it was only the first week of classes.

"Hey Evans," Draco called once again.

"You're getting on my nerves now Malfoy."

"Let's raid the kitchens," the sound of the kitchens was good to her ears at this point, glancing towards Draco once again and towards her watch that was clasped on her wrist. She wanted to raid the kitchens with him, but she was also not getting any work done if Draco was still pestering her. And tomorrow was the first DADA class with a new teacher that she had never met yet.

"No."

"Come on, please? I'll even help you with your Arithmancy," Draco insisted.

"You're not even in my class you git," she glared.

"Well I'll try and help you then."

"I doubt that you know anything about Arithmancy," Finley remarked as she finally closes her Arithmancy book and giving Draco a challenging one.

"You'll never know," the blond boy only grinned.

Finley needed to control herself, she was getting too soft for obliging to raid the kitchens. She knows that Cedric was still a Prefect at this point as well, but it didn't mean he was stationed at the kitchens again. Worth a shot as Draco held her hand creeping around the castle to the kitchens near the Hufflepuff common room clutching her school bag that contained her books and parchment for homework. Trying to not get caught as Filch was on a hunt for students who were out of bed, and Peeves the mischievous ghost who always gave them hell if caught.

"If we get caught, I'm stabbing you with a spoon."

"How can you stab someone with a spoon?" Draco asked amused at Finley. The amusing things that come out of this girl's mouth was truly astonishing to him.

"Do you want to find out then?"

"Is this your way of seducing me Evans?" Draco grinned as he opened the kitchen doors.

"Bold of you to assume that I'm straight," she retorted. Draco's smiled dropped for a brief second. "But you are straight aren't you?" Draco asks a bit pale with this some sort of bluff that Finley threw at him, leaving him flustered.

Both of them stood in front of busy house elves who cleaned, some who were already getting started on breads. Others cleaning every crook and cranny of the kitchen. Question of sexuality was left unanswered when they happen to smell the delicious scent of honey and cinnamon in the autumn evening.

"Good evening," elves stopped working. All of them starred at the two Slytherins who were nervous of what if the elves told on them. "Miss Finley is here!" On Elf cheered.

Relief washed over Finley and Draco as they were given stools and a small tea table. "It's been too long since the start of classes miss, have you not wanted to visit us miss?"

Finley chuckled, of course she wanted to raid the kitchen in the first night, if only she didn't pass out, she would've had Blaise and Theo with her and camp in her room til morning. "Classes are too much," she replied.