Book 5: Chapter 20

No one thought that they would be so relieved to leave Hogwarts for the break, and no one even tried to see the brighter side of waiting for the holidays, because almost everyone in Hogwarts wanted to leave the school to be away from Umbridge and her stupid rules. Some first years were practically running towards the carriage not waiting for the woman to say a good bye that wasn't even sincere. Most of the students who planned to stay in school for the holidays changed their plans last minute, others who had no family in London decided to crash with their friends.

But for Finley, she wanted to stay. Looking back at the black lake to the distance, she could imagine the runespoor in the ruins. Her questions, her mission, things bothering Harry, it was getting even more difficult by each passing second.

"Are you alright, Blythe?" Astoria asked her, turning towards the younger girl who gave her a concerned look. She had been acting rather timid, that it was becoming a Finley trait that some could recognise, especially her free styled sleep schedule.

"I'm fine," she replied with a smile, but the look that the boys were giving her said otherwise.

"Are you sure?"

"I promise that I am."

"Aren't you all excited to take a break from that god awful inquisitorial squad duties?" Theo scoffed, manoeuvring the conversation to something light. "I swear if I hear another 'ehem' from her—"

"Please don't do that," Blaise winced, getting shivers down his spine as Theo imitated the signature pink toad cough. "I get nightmares."

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" She asked her friends, both of which turned to Draco who sat beside her, seeing the look of discomfort on his face said it all.

"If I hear one more meow," he breathed in heavily before releasing it in a shaky breath. "I will shatter all of them."

This caused Finley to laugh, being amused to the part where that small four foot of pure displeasure of a woman had the power to bring on discomfort to three of the most snobbish Slytherins in school. The woman is ratchet, no one was going to not remind them of that.

"I'll bring my dad's gold handled mallet," Astoria added. "Those kittens are adorable, but I want them shattered. Don't you?"

"We do, it's not good old beater's bat can't fix, right?" Finley winked at Draco who only cracked a smile, their hands intertwined to their sides, barely noticeable because of the large coat that Finley had on.

Seeing the scarlet train in view, the carriage stopped, Draco and Theo being the first ones to get down from the carriage, helping the girls with their trunks.

"I'll be helping you lot to a compartment, I'll join you a little later, we have a meeting," Draco mentions as they all got in the train, Astoria now gone to join her sister Daphne in a compartment a few doors away.

"You'll bring us some snacks if you see the trolley maid, would you?" She asks, opening the sliding door to have the four of hem who had their trunks enter the empty compartment.

"Make sure to get us pasties and licorice wands," Blaise tells Draco, taking Finley's trunk from him, shoving it up the shelf above their seats.

"If you pay me the amount with interest," Draco retorted, not really in the best mood to pay for him.

"Jerk," Finley chuckled, turning him to face the door, seeing that Pansy was outside waiting, getting a bit bored as she looked down on her nails. "Go on," she say, pushing him out. Before closing the window, she whistles for Pansy's attention.

"Don't try anything on him," she threatened, though the girl was no longer a little bitch, she was actually a decent person under all the unkind exterior. Pansy had proven to her that she was reliable the moment that they had potions with Umbridge and purposely put in he wrong ingredients to burn the woman's cloak. All this of course is that she proved that she was reliable to go against common enemy, but to Finley, she can't trust Pansy with her Draco.