Book 6: Chapter 20

"You honestly think that I'm dumb enough to believe you?" Finley heard a familiar voice yell out from the boy's dorm rooms, causing her to stand up from the emerald couch in concern. Hurrying her feet, almost sprinting towards the dorms to her best friends' room, only hearing glass shattering behind a closed door. Surprised how the silencing charms didn't work against the screams and shattering behind the dorm that she's been going in and out of since her first year. But instead of whispers and laughter like before, they were angry sounds, rummaging, and things breaking.

"Theo? Blaise?" She hesitantly asks, placing her hand on the door, it was vibrating, sticking her head against the hardwood. Muffles mostly, crashing more prominent, she couldn't imagine what items were out destroyed.

"You know this was dangerous! I told you it was, but you didn't listen to me," she could hear Blaise exclaim in the room, she has never heard him this angry before. "You and Malfoy promised that you two would be careful, then what the fuck have you two been doing?!"

"If you don't scream any louder, the castle might not hear you," Theo's sharp tone pierced, the most unusual tone she could hear from both her best friends.

"Don't start being sarcastic with me, Nott. You almost killed a student!"

What?

"Why are you making a big deal out of this, Blaise—"

"YOU ALMOST KILLED A STUDENT THEODORE!" Blaise screamed, causing Finley to gasp and stumble back, shocked at what she had just heard. "You and Malfoy's assassination attempts at Dumbledore almost cost Weasley's life!"

"It's not like we planned for Slugshit to drink it himself," Theo spat, "it's not like we got almost that girl Katie Bell killed with the necklace on purpose. It's not easy to plot against people I practically knew my whole life."

"Then stop doing it, stop all of this—"

"Do you think it would that simple, Zabini?" Theo scoffed. "You don't, so stop acting like you know what we're going through."

Her hand sliding down the wood to the knob, she heard one last shatter before opening the door, there she saw the messiest most destroyed room that she had ever been in. It was a miracle that they hadn't broken the window or else the water would've come flooding in. On one side of the room was Blaise who looked like he was going to blow up, his hand clenched into a fist while his other hand was firmly gripping on a bedpost, all while he face Theo who was as tensed as he was. But that wasn't what shocked Finley, it was the fact that Theo looked like he hadn't slept nor eaten in months when they had been gone for a few weeks.

"Can you explain to me what just happened?" She asked, trying to grasp the idea of both of her friends fighting, but not the usual fights, they looked like they had been holding it back for a while.

"Boys," she sternly calls them both, and yet it seemed like she wasn't in the room at all. Quietly, she closes the door, observing both boys in the room who she hasn't heard from in a while. "Please."

"Tell her," Blaise grits at Theo, "She has the right to know," he adds in a more mockery towards Theo.

"Tell me what?" Finley frowns, unsure of what she doesn't know about, if she was kept out of the loop for that long things changed when she wasn't looking. Remembering the mention of almost killing someone her throat went dry, which Weasley were they talking about? Whose plan was it to assassinate who?