Book 5: Chapter 14

She stood next to Astoria uncomfortably, standing inside the one room she always wished no one else knew about, not that she had any claims to the room itself, but she really did wish no one else found it. In front of them was Harry, Hermione, and Ron who were getting ready for the first lesson. Apparently, Neville found the room by thinking about the practice group, and the room delivered. The walls contained a few books about defence against dark arts, there were wooden dummies, and a fire place that didn't seem to change all that much from when she and Draco last came here on her birthday not too long ago.

She witnesses all of them, from Ravenclaws, to Hufflepuffs, Gryffindors, and Slytherins alike, listening to Harry intently. Well the Slytherins were looking at him with judging looks, observing how he can teach five dozen students, maybe more.

"This place isn't big enough," Finley muttered to Hermione who stood beside her and Astoria. This wasn't as big as the other classroom, heck, this was a place big enough for anyone's whims.

"At least get this session done, we'll talk about that later," Hermione suggests as she pushed Finley gently towards the formed line, she was just behind Harry who stood next to Neville.

"Go on," Harry insisted to Neville who looked nervous.

The wooden dummy started to move, lifting the wooden hand that held a fake wand. Neville looked up at it and gulped. "Expelliarmus—" instead of the dummy wand flying, his wand retracted back, causing everyone behind him to duck, until his wand got stuck on the wall.

"I'm hopeless," Neville grumbled.

Harry patted his shoulder. "You're flourishing your wand too much, try it like this," Harry suggested, raising his wand into a sufficient height and length from his body. "Expelliarmus!" And that did the proper trick in disarming a dummy.

Finley looks back at the curious snakes who all nodded approvingly, they were slightly impressed with her brother. Hopefully, Harry continues to impress them even more, after all, he was the skilled one in defence.

"Do you think he can really teach us?" Blaise asked Finley as he seemed rather unamused at how hopeless some of the non slytherin students were at a simple disarming spell. "With them, we'll be able to cast a stupid disarming charm when we get our first grey hair."

"This is only the first meeting Blaisiekins," Finley pinches Blaise's cheek teasingly. "We have a couple more months before that toad get hit by the DADA position's curse."

"I can only hope that it hits her soon, I hate to have her read anymore of my letters," Theo huffed.

"Dear Heart," Blaise teased, earning a smack on the head from Theo who grew red at the familiar name of a girl who visited them not too long ago. "Still can't forget the fact that you casted a parchment scenting charm on those letters."

"You did?" Finley gasped, not really believing that Theo was that type of guy, she found it not at all hard to believe considering the amount of gifts she's received from him in the past. "Was it the scent of Jasmines this time?"

"They were lavender, thank you very much," Theo deadpanned before walking away from the two, his burning neck was evidence for his embarrassment.

"If she didn't date that Weasley last year, they would've been good together," Blaise remarked, pulling Finley to a corner to practice the disarming charm themselves, not that thy needed it. After all they were assuring O's on their OWLs even if they didn't take Umbridge's classes.

"Past is in the past now, Georgie seems to fancy Johnson even more actually," she tells him, pointing at George who kept staring at Angelina Johnson who sparred with Spinnet.