Book 6: Chapter 23

"What is this place?"

Sebastian clenched his jaw when she asked, only hearing the wet footsteps on the moldy wet floors. Mostly rocks and algae in what so little light Sebastian had lit with his wand, the only constant sound was the pitter patting drops of water from the ceiling to the floor. Anything else was their breathing and their movements. "Is this where you kill me, Sebastian?"

"No," he grimly replied.

"Can we at least have more light here?" Finley asks her tone oblivious which made Sebastian grow tenser.

"Lumos Maxima," He recited, creating a large light to illuminate the entire room with his wand. The room looked as it smelled. It smelled molding, wet, and rotting.

The runespoor corpse in the middle of the room was a dead giveaway followed by a broken golden cauldron on the side and a probably burnt looking book, whoever did all this must've been in a hurry.

"I didn't know the black lake had a Runespoor," Finley gasped, walking up towards the runespoor that was ahead short. "How'd you find this place?"

"I didn't," Sebastian frowned, glancing at the burnt book near the broken cauldron. "You did."

She paused, her hand inches away from a runespoor head, she opened her palm retracting back into a fist. "I've never been in here."

"You have."

"No, I have not."

"Finley," Sebastian turns her to face him, both his hands on her shoulders slightly shaking her. Her confused expression made it seem impossible to keep her mind on the topic, he just wished he knew first. "You've been here before."

"How would you know, Sebastian? The last time I checked, you were a death eater and you betrayed us!" She snapped at him, pushing him away from her.

"Because I know you've been here before Finley, I know you have," he calmly tells her. "And as it would come as a shock to you, or maybe not, I've been here before too."

"You've been stalking me?" She fumed, growing angry by the second, breathing unevenly due to how rapid the situation had escalated.

"That's not the point!"

"Then what is it, Sebastian?" She snaps. "You're a traitor. You betrayed us, your friends, your family, your sister."

"Do not bring in Mirelle into this, Finley," he warns her, his chest aching at the memory of the look his sister gave him when he left home without an explanation. An explanation that he didn't want to say as he had sworn himself to secrecy.

"Now what? You've stalked me and whatever shit it is that you're pulling up your ass, what is it that you want? Why did you bring me here?" She frowns at him. "Is Tom here? Is this an ambush? Are your death eater friends here?"

"Finley!" He yells at her, stopping her from saying anything else yet she still glared at him.

"What more do you want, Sebastian?" She asked him. "I lost my parents to that bald vermin whom you call the dark lord, I lost Sirius to his right-hand psycho lieutenant too. Now I'm losing my friends, my brother, and Draco, for what?" She humourlessly laughs. "The only thing I could think of now is my life, do you want both of them?"

"That's not something to joke about, Finley—"

"Then give me Godric Gryffindor's sword and stab me in the heart, what do you want—"

"You're going to die, Finley!" He snapped.

"That's not old news now is it?"

"You frustrate me," Sebastian grits under his breath, turning away from her for a second. He didn't have time to think over the issues to his plan of telling her what he knows, he thought that maybe she would listen to him, see how well that backfired then?