Book 6: Chapter 4

Albus Dumbledore has always been a great headmaster, no one can deny that at all seeing as he is the one wizard that the dark lord fears. Accomplished many things, even took part in the first wizarding war against Grindelwald, his accomplishments has been written in the history books and will live on forever. But Finley has mixed feelings against the Headmaster, both good and bad, and both revolving on how he handled the crisis that happened the year before she died. And it certainly didn't help when he suddenly vanished 'in style' as Kingsley would put it, in their 5th year. Thinking of the old man as an irresponsible Headmaster, and a lunatic for leaving a teenage boy to his own devices and lead a group of students on his own, only to appear later.

And here Finley thought, 'The fucking audacity' as she scowls at the sight of the man as she and Harry walk up to him in the empty station.

"Not a pleasure to see you here Headmaster," Finley frowned as soon as she and Harry approached him, arms crossed over her chest as she observed the old man. Ignoring Harry's annoyed gaze due to her rudeness towards their headmaster, though he couldn't really blame her as he too was a bit annoyed to see him. "The least you could do was be honest that you wanted to see both of us and not send me an ominous note to look for Harry," Finley says eyeing the man who seemed amused at her when she wasn't really trying to be.

"I apologise for troubling you then, miss Potter," Dumbledore chuckled before turning back to Harry who was quiet for the first few moments.

"You've been reckless this summer Harry," Dumbledore starts as he gave Harry a look, causing Finley's gaze to be on him now.

'What does he mean reckless?' Finley's expression seemed to ask Harry, turning cold at how cold his sister looked at him. Sure he had been riding on trains to who knows where, but surely Dumbledore wouldn't rat him out, right?

"I like riding around in trains, it keeps my mind off things," Harry found himself saying, still avoiding Finley's gaze knowing he was going to get scolded by his sister.

Now looking at the Headmaster completely, he seemed the same, except his hand that was pale, almost grey. Now following the look that the two Potters were giving him, Dumbledore's gaze fell on his arm. "A little unpleasant to behold isn't it? The tale is thrilling if I do say so myself, but now is not the time to tell it."

Looking down at Dumbledore's greying hand, Finley was suspicious on what that condition was, and she was determined to know. But she also knew this wasn't the right time nor place to go and ask questions, surely Dumbledore appeared for a reason.

The chimes on the other end of the subway rang, a pang of momentary guilt went up to Harry's eyes for Finley can see. She could tell that he genuinely wanted to go out with the girl earlier. She bets that the both of them were going to have a splendid time if not for Dumbledore coming in and wrecking it for her brother. Taking aside the part where she purposefully intimidated the waitress to trigger Harry, she genuinely thought the girl was pretty.

"Take my arm, both of you," Dumbledore spoke, startling both Harry and Finley who stood a tad bit too close to him. For a moment, Harry hesitated, glancing at the girl who was holding her jacket by the restaurant that he and Finley were in earlier, waiting for him as her colleague was closing up. "Do as I say," he heard Dumbledore order.

To his other side, Finley was already holding Dumbledore's greying hand, she looked impatient really. Upset, impatient, just pissed for a reason unknown to Harry. Grabbing hold of Dumbledore's arm, he screamed. 

Screaming was not a bright thing to do the moment Finley and Harry found themselves in a quiet street. Feeling nauseated by the travel, holding onto herself so she doesn't hurl the contents of her stomach due to motion sickness. "Where are we?" Finley weakly asks as she gathered strength as she had her hands on her knees.