Miss Potter

Miss Potter

May 31, 8 am EST...

The cheers from the students practically vibrated the marble tables, awaiting the news if the people who entered were chosen. Finley didn't share the same excitement, she was far from it, she had a bad feeling because of it. "We can walk to the clinic after the announcements, okay?" Hermione tells her, still worried for her friend who looked like she was ready to blend in with the white floors with how pale she was.

The blue flames on the goblet turned red for a brief second, Finley's heart sunk to her stomach knowing well that it had begun. The paper that flew out from the goblet was practically charred and could only have a few readable areas in them, with a delicate hand, the headmistress carefully checks the name. "The Durmstrang champion, Draco Malfoy!"

The Durmstrang students cheered in joy, Finley didn't feel any better. If Draco Malfoy was the champion for Durmstrang, what more if Harry was chosen for Hogwarts? This was practically taking the rivalry to another level, a dangerous level. She eyed Malfoy from when he stood up from his seat, his Durmstrang friends howling in joy and pride, he too had a grin on his face going up to the Headmistress, shaking her hand and disappearing into a room.

The fire changed color again, this time with a greenish hue, the paper that came out was flimsy and much circular. "Beauxbatons Champion, Cœur Argent."

The Beauxbatons students applauded as one girl stood up from the table with blue and purple hues on their uniform, skipping as she happily thanked her headmistress and she too disappeared into a room.

Now her chest started hammering, and her nauseous state was starting to get to her yet she turns to Harry awaiting his name to be called. The fire burned red once more.

"Hogwarts Champion," Headmistress Peverell's voice echoed in the great hall that awaited the final name. "Sage Finley Potter!"

'What?' She sat there shocked. So where the people at the table with her, were all shocked by the announcement.

"That can't be right!"

"But she didn't put her name in."

"Finley, go," Hermione urged her, though the brunette was just as shocked as everyone else, she didn't want to keep the host school's Headmistress waiting. "Go, Finley!"

With a reluctant push, Finley got off her seat, her footsteps growing heavier than ever. She could feel the stares burning behind her back, noting to herself that Harry was one of them. None of the Gryffindors present at the table cheered for her, she knows why, and she was scared to turn around to find her brother's hateful gaze on her. She didn't plan this, she didn't even want it.

"Congratulations—" she cuts off the headmistress, looking up at the woman in panic.

"I didn't put my name in."