Book 3: Chapter 3

"Morning to you too Finney," Blaise mused as he saw Finley walk up to them nose higher than the great halls' enchanted ceilings.

"What happened this time?" Theo asked as he prepared Finley's morning pancakes on a plate, the girl of course kept her nose high as she snarled at Pansy Parkinson who was not shy to rub her fake breasts on Draco's muscled arms. Not that she would know that he was muscled, she refuses to acknowledge that. Maybe she did, at some point.

"I have a guess," Theo said again as he placed syrup over Finley's pancakes. Silently thanking Theo for the food she munched on the food as she normally would and yet still found herself glaring at the pig faced girl.

"Merlin, we don't have even have homework yet and Parkinson is already on your nerves?" Blaise eventually laughed.

"Since when has she not gotten on Finney's nerves?"

It's been two days since they arrived in Hogwarts, she was upset that she didn't get to say proper hellos to their new snakes as she was passed out in the hospital wing. Snape didn't even let her go on with her day the next morning without scolding and friendly reminders of not being near a single lion, especially Harry Potter and his friends.

"One word towards them, it's Beauxbatons for you by the end of the year," Snape ultimately said the hour he escorted her out the hospital wing. And it irritated her that he was reminding her that she was walking on thin ice without warning her lions.

 She wouldn't tell her best friends what Snape conditioned her, they would find a way to make him change his mind. But then she would be too dependent on her friends if they interfered and she was not raised that way.

"Flint ran after me last night, he yelled at me for not seeing my name on the tryouts list," Finley groaned placing her elbow on the table because damn the table manners she didn't want her ribs broken from a bludger.

"You are on a pardon for all detention," Theo pointed out.

"Pardoned from all detention and punishment from the head of house, it didn't say anything about other teachers," she scowled.

"It's not like he puts us in detention on a daily," Finley continued.

"Honestly, Elbow off the table. Hasn't my mother taught you anything?" Blaise slid her elbow off the table causing her cheek to hit the table, glaring at her friend who only laughed.

"She taught me how to blindly shave someone's head, would you like me to practice on you?"

Gulping he patted her back and returned to their eating, and yet the thing she didn't want to happen, happened. Hermione approached her with a smile on her face, Finley couldn't find it in her heart to return the smile at all.

"Finley, care to walk with me to Ancient Runes later?"

"I can't," she merely said. She saw how Hermione's smile literally dropped, her cheeks red from embarrassment. She was being stared down at by a table of snakes, it was until Finley heard a cackle that wanted her to sock her old pitter-pat shoes in.

"What's a mud-blood like you doing here? Can't you see that no one likes you?" Pansy cackled.

Disgusting as she may be, she couldn't defend Hermione, at least not be seen defending Hermione that is. Snape was watching her every move, she gave Hermione an apologetic look as she saw her best friend run back to the Gryffindor's table in tears. She was heartbroken, it didn't feel right and it wasn't at all okay to cause her friend this much pain.

Finley glanced at the cackling pug-faced girl, with a few Latin spells she learned over the summer, the pug-faced girl had her teeth fall out her mouth.