Book 2: Chapter 18

The mandrake root was ready. But it would take a specific amount of time to brew the potion cure for the petrified students.

And the first people who volunteered to assist in making the potion were Theo and Blaise, they pestered Snape endlessly to have them assist him. Them and Draco and possibly the rest of the Slytherins who have come to grace the hospital wing with helpful hands just for the sake of their own. It was true that they were extremely loyal to their own, even if it were students from different houses they did their best to tend to them.

The Slytherin quidditch team were out with Professor Sprout handling the Mandrakes, the young first years were out helping Madame Pomfrey and the rest helped with what they could. Some of the the first years were caught beside the Slytherin Sprite light who was still petrified, telling her stories of sort with the thought of entertaining her as they couldn't do as much.

She was moved to a farther bed in the wing where most of the Slytherins fussed over the most. She was lavished with attention from her friends that Madame Pomfrey almost banned them from bringing anything larger than a bouquet.

Theo and Blaise made sure to always fix her bed the best they could without removing her, Draco made sure she had fresh flowers that weren't roses on her table. The Slytherins who were in Finley's year made sure to take dozens and dozens of notes for her. All of which amazed the Hogwarts school to the most extreme extent.

"You idiots she's allergic to roses, why in fuck did you wear rose perfume!" Scowled Theo who snapped at a Hufflepuff who visited a petrified student from her house.

"Language Mr Nott," bellowed Madame Pomfrey as she glared daggers at the boy who scared the Hufflepuff.

Ignoring the woman he returned to sitting beside his petrified friend as he tried to do his homework.

This has become the routine, at least two or three times, he and Blaise, and possibly the blond prat Draco with his two fat friends would visit Finley and never allowed the visitor's stool vacant for even an hour. Slytherins bargained that at least one student was allowed to stay in the hospital wing to guard or accompany the petrified in case they wake up. Miracle would be that the potion was to be ready by the end of the month before classes were out.

It would be about time that someone was to replace him with accompanying Finley, even if he didn't want to, he was required to leave the hospital wing or else the whole ordeal of one student staying in the wing will be trashed.

"Mate, you should get dinner," Theo heard a familiar voice say.

"I'll be back in the morning Malfoy, Blaise will be here to replace you in the morning," Theo said giving his petrified friend one last look before glancing at Draco who gave him the same stoic face.

"Do my homework in Astronomy will you?" He asked towards Theo.

"Not a chance, I'm doing hers."

"Worth a shot," both boys sighed. The silence in the hospital wing was thick, the creepy thing was that they couldn't even hear the petrified breath. And it was scaring the boys, they were scared if they were too late. What if the potion wouldn't work?

The worst case scenario was that the Mandrake potion couldn't cure this particular petrification.

"Any news on the Potion with Snape?" Theo asked as he now gathered his parchment.

"It'll be ready soon, Snape said so and we don't have anything else to do," Draco managed to say.

The potions master was working the best he could, and at one point the three Slytherin boys were convinced to call in a mediwizard to take over the curing process. One owl to their parents and it would be done, but they were banned from using their owls to send word home.

"I'm going to kill Potter if he doesn't fix this until then."

He and him both.

With Theo gone, Draco was all alone in the hospital wing with the victims. He tried doing the most he could, even had himself his blanket on his shoulders as he advanced himself with homework. The thing was that he was terrified when he heard about her petrification, he was there when Theo and Blaise stunned Potter in the Hallway. He was the first one to ask the Slytherins to help cure their own by any means they could.

The only constant warmth in the cold Common room was out cold herself so they had by any means took action into their own hands.

The explanation for this was that Finley was an Angel to them, despite being the snarkiest, most sarcastic person alive in the house. She was the most kindest one in the whole, she helped first years, she gossiped with the years above, she respected the older years. And she was his friend, she accepted him even if he did and called horrible things to others. And yet she forgave him every time he messed up. For the first time in Hogwarts History, the Snakes took the matters in to their hands.

No one in the halls were hexed, the Slytherin table that used to radiate mischief was replaced with seriousness. The other houses were wary, especially Draco who was infamous in hexing students left and right with Crabbe and Goyle.

Thinking back towards the conversation he had with Theo and Blaise in the Hogwarts train, he chuckled. Gents rules his ass, he was going to break them slowly without realising.

"Petrified you are and yet you still bring out the best in people," Draco chuckled as he looked at Finley. His distaste for her horrified expression caused him nightmares for weeks now, and he ignored Potter so that he wouldn't be able to hex him to the point that he would go blind. He blamed it all on Potter.

"You have no more to catch up on homework, be thankful that me and your mates are doing them for you so you don't fail."

"I also fed your monstrous cat," he chuckled.

"Why in hell do you feed him a lot of treats for?"

His thoughts went to Cassian the large cat that was almost the size of the common room's bean bag. The cat hissed at anyone who wasn't Finley, and yet made the exception for him. He was the only one that could pet him and feed him, he shivered at the memory where he had to bathe him. He still had scratch marks on his fore arms to prove that the cat was a beast in fluffy fur.

"You better thank me for taking care of that beast," he muttered as he leaned on the bed looking straight into Finley's green petrified eyes.

"A lot of snakes miss you, and would do anything to hear you snap at Parkinson again," he said as he leaned off again and started taking out his parchment to start on homework.

Never had it come to his mind that her hand twitched, and she heard him.