When in the Snake Pit: Welcome back Party of '96

Warning: Implication of Smoking. Do not try it please.

"The welcome back party is a success," Finley tells herself as she sat on one of the pool bridges in the common room near the main area as she watched her housemates get drunk. Even Blaise and Theo were participating in the drinking games, using the smuggled Pixie brew that they hid a year ago.

Shame she couldn't get drunk along with them, but she did find it funny to see the younger half bloods sell their own muggle objects for extra pocket money for Hogsmeade this year. The young ones would sell their glittered pens and post its and graphed papers for knutts, sickles and galleons. They're stingy about too and refuse to sell them in bulk unless they were willing to pay for the over pricing rate, the other houses adapted to their marketing scheme too even to a point that they're trading under the school staff's noses.

The older years on the other hand, they were  something else. For a fact that Finley knows who among the 6th and 7th years spent their time in knockturn alley, she was one of those students but she never bought anything worth smuggling in the school.

Most of the 6th years smuggled borderline school illegal items like a pack of prop cigarettes used in television movies, some went a head and brought along hexed items for those with enemies.

How these half bloods market these prop cigarettes are just outrageous that she almost bought a pack herself and yet was pissed at the price.

"Want one Potter?" A student asked holding up one of the said prop cigarettes. "5 sickles a piece."

"Go suck on it yourself then," Finley scoffed. "Those aren't even real cigarettes—"

"Bloody hell woman, no need to ruin my business," the student huffed, "One pack for a galleon."

"Do you really want me to throw you off this bridge?" She threatened. She was both humouring him and being very serious, smoking was one thing she didn't want the younger years to think is okay especially the half blood children in the house. Because as much as she would hate to admit, pureblood children grew up knowing which year a whiskey is suited to drink in a sad rainy day far better than she took in pixie brew at age 14.

"Fine, two knutts a piece," the boy sighed.

"Are you selling them to 5th years?" Finley asked as she handed in the knutts.

"My mother would beat me if she ever found out that I encouraged underaged smoking, I only sell them to 7th years trying to woo Ravenclaws," the student sighed as he gave Finley the prop sticks. "Keep the smoke in your mouth, don't inhale it, you can smoke them outside near Salazar's statue," he tells her before he left for another customer.

"Thanks Carlson," Finley says as she looked at her hand where the prop cigarettes sat.

"Finney bear are you smoking?!" Blaise gasped just as she was about to stand up from where she sat. "What the hell—"

"I'm not!" Finley rolled her eyes as she gave the prop sticks to Blaise who had his eyes wide into saucers. "They're not even real cigarettes," she whispered to him as she got close enough.

"They're expensive though," Blaise thought to himself as he stared at the stick Finley gave him. "I got a pack for 3 galleons."

"I got 2 knutts a stick," Finley grinned before she left him by the bridges towards her room. Leaving Blaise to process what Finley had just told him about the cigarettes. As if the information had jus sunk in, his eyes widened before turning to his retreating friend as if he was scammed.

"CARLSON?!"

HALLO!

This mini-update is a stretch, I've been very busy but I will be back with a proper update.

Mean time, I would be willing to answer questions. I encourage you all to comment your questions here as well, and I would try my beat to answer them all.

I also enjoy reading the comments, as well as your theories.

(Not expecting to be blown up by comments lol)

See you all next chapter!

Rayah.