Book 1: Chapter 9

News of the first quidditch match of the year was on schedule for Gryffindor versus Slytherin, it went as far as students from either house taking bets on whoever wins. Loyal to her house and trusting her quidditch team, she bets twelve knuts for Slytherin. Though if that was the case, Lee Jordan already declared a win for his house just because of a new broom.

"Are you sure little Sprite?" Lee asked as he was walking with Finley who escaped her quidditch crazed Slytherin Best friends.

"Well I do have concerns, but I would really bet that Slytherin will score higher before you lot get the Snitch," she said. There was no denying that Harry Potter had keen eyes and could watch you like a hawk, it came as far as his glasses being the source of intimidation but really it was his green eyes.

"Why won't you bet on your seeker getting the snitch?" Lee asked amused at the Slytherin girl that he somehow befriend with the help of his Weasley best friends.

"Higgs is great," she only said before running up the Slytherin stands in search for a seat. She wasn't one to doubt her house at all, she trusted her house's abilities to most highest extent that she was indeed confident that they would win. 

She saw two of her best friends on the stand waving towards her enthusiastically, the colours of Slytherin painted on their faces that she almost dropped down laughing.

"What in bloody hell happened to you?" She laughed pointing at her two best friends.

"It's getting in the team spirit," Theo winked sliding away from Blaise to give her space to sit.

"You both look like idiots," she laughed.

The game began, with Gryffindor getting the quaffle yet were still intercepted by the Slytherins. It was practically in the Slytherin playbook through the years that no player of the opposing team was to leave the field without having Madam Pomfrey visit them. Marcus Flint implemented that through his first year of Captaincy as he started jabbing his elbows left and right.

"I can't wait to bust some kneecaps," Theo grinned cheering for the Slytherin who scores.

"THATS SLYTHERIN CHASER FOR YOU!"

Finley cheered as well yet her eyes caught Harry Potter who seems to have troubles with his broom, she stopped cheering as she was suddenly scared for his life. It mattered because he was 50ft off the ground and it was not helping that a bludger was set his way by Slytherin beaters.

"Stop playing horsie Potter!" She heard a voice say from behind her. She looked behind and saw a grinning Draco Malfoy who was amused with Harry and his wild broom.

"Are you  blind? He's going to get hurt!" She exclaimed as she watched Harry's dangerous flying.

"He'll be fine Finn," Blaise comforted at least tried, he cared less for the boy who lived yet still made effort for his best friend who was clearly worried.

The wild broom stopped bucking, as Harry dove down. Lee Jordan going wild and not passing the chances of insulting the Slytherins, as that happened Harry fell to the ground and choked.

"What is wrong with him?" Draco asked curiously, not that he cared but choking wasn't always seen in the quidditch field.

"I think he swallowed the Snitch," Finley gasped. Three boys snapped their gaze towards her with amused looks, "What?!"

Harry choked out the snitch confirming the girl's suspicion and it did it, the Gryffindor won.

"TAKE THAT YOU SLIMEY SLYTHERIN GIT!" Lee Jordan cheered out before McGonagall scolded him. Every house except Slytherin cheered, it included Finley who wasn't upset about losing but was scared about the broom bucking up and down. What would have happened if it kept going on? It would have killed Harry.

Students went back to the castle, there she saw Hermione with Ron and Harry that she approached them. "Harry are you alright?" She found herself asking.

"Yeah, I am."

"Are you sure? Was there anything wrong with your broom?" She asked again. She couldn't get the feeling of dread of what would've happened if the broom was jinxed.

"It was Snape!" Ron said.

Shocked she looked at Hermione with disbelief trying to comprehend the situation but the look on her face seemed like she was verifying the accusations.

"Snape was in the professors stand, how could he—"

"He was jinxing Harry's broom," Hermione said.

"I read about jinxes, and Snape's eyes weren't leaving Harry for so long since his broom started bucking."

"It wouldn't make sense," Finley said, she knew it wasn't her guardian it didn't fit right. Sure he detested Harry at some point in every class, but he wasn't the type to hurt a student ever.

"I'm sorry Finn but it really was Snape, I set his robes on fire and then Harry's broom stopped going crazy," That doesn't prove anything, it could've been anyone.

"It could've been anyone from the teacher stands, if you did set his robes on fire it would've gotten in the commotion," she defended.

"Why are you defending him? He hates Harry," Ron snapped clearly upset because of what would've happened to his best friend.

She no longer spoke, she didn't want to speak of something she would regret afterwards. She sent Hermione and Harry a look and walked away muttering a goodbye and straight to the castle.

"What's happened to you?" A voice said.

"It's nothing Malfoy," she muttered, clearly not in the mood for an interaction from the so called Slytherin Prince.

"Clearly it's nothing if your attitude went down like this," he said. He couldn't help but see how upset she was, he has gotten used to the fiery moods of Finley Evans. No one in the Slytherin house had the guts to snap at him not even the years higher than him.

"Leave me alone," Finley snapped walking faster to get in the castle, hopeful that she loses Malfoy in the crowd of students who were chattering from the game.

"Hey Little Sprite!" She heard Lee Jordan call out, she took out twelve knuts and gave it to him, muttering a congratulations and fled to the Slytherin Common Rooms. She walked passed her best friends who were on the couch, even if they called for her she was already in the confines of her room.

The accusation on her guardian hurt her, it was unfair that they accused a professor who might have been helping Harry get back on his broom, but clearly no one would actually believe her. Some Slytherins also didn't like Snape and it didn't help her cause.

She sat on her bed, Cassian rested on her lap and purred giving his human comfort, he sensed that she was upset and she was thankful that she bought this cat.

That went on until she heard a knock on her door, she opened the door and saw her two friends with a bundle of food. "What—"

"Blaise and I may or may not bribed a Hufflepuff to get us snacks," Theo grinned, Blaise winking at her. Despite the charms in the girl's dorm, she voluntarily let them in, with a whistle the mused with the fact that she had a dorm to herself.

"You live like a prefect," Blaise mused as he observed the clean room.

"Perks of having a Hogwarts teacher as a guardian," Theo said as he set down the snacks on her bed.

"Not really," she said as she sat on the chair next to her desk with a pasty on her hand.

"You missed dinner," Blaise said as he started eating a pastry.

"I can tell that the Slytherin tables were half empty, with that loss even I wouldn't bother going to the great hall," she said as she ate.

Good news to them that it was the night before the weekend, and they spent the night talking, mostly cheering up Finley but other than that the evening turned up well.