When in the Snake pit

Not many knew what Slytherins actually do in their dorms except for the unauthorised parties, and maybe the parts where older Slytherins turn up in their classes in a state of hang over. But honestly? They're possibly the most curious bunch when it came to things muggle, though they 'hated' muggles that is. There were certain nights that the half blood Slytherins were able to sneak in certain contraptions from their muggle homes and have everyone else in the snake pit wonder what it was. Much like now.

"What is that?" One Slytherin second year asked, poking at flat object that had a circular disk of sort inside it. The owner grinned mischievously, opening the object and replacing the disk that he had in his hands. Later on, he took out a pair of black things that was similar to a girl's headband, placing it over the second year's head attaching it to her ears. Pressing a button, the girl gasped.

"Why do I hear someone singing in there?!" The girl gasped, swiping the thing from the boy's hands and inspecting to see where the voice came from in wonder.

In honesty, this Slytherin boy only brought the thing for extra credit in muggle studies this year, he didn't think a second year would find it interesting— that's a lie, he really just brought it along because he was sick of listening to rock wizard music. He rather listen to Bohemian Rhapsody over and over again than to Christina Warbeck on Hogsmeade visit mornings.

"What is it? Where can we buy it?" One if the older years demanded, too engrossed as he was the next one to get a hold of the headband like things on his head.

"It's a portable music player, and these," he taps on the headband things. "Are headphones, they help you listen to music."

"Well? How much do you want for it?" The older year asked, finally taking out a bag that the younger Slytherin boy didn't notice until he heard the coins rattle. "Will ten galleons be enough?"

The younger boy's throat dried. Holy shit, his dad just bought it for him just this Christmas too, should he sell it?

"Alright then, what about twenty galleons? And I'll add free tutoring in whatever subject you're shit at."

"Wha—"

"Still not enough? Fine, then what about I give you a ticket for next year's world cup seats next to the minister's box—"

"Deal!" The boy gasped, for a small thing such as a portable music player, it went as far as getting the deluxe seats for the quidditch cup. It made him think...

He looks up to the older year who was counting his galleons, displaying it on the table in front of him. The boy rubbed his chin as if he was scheming, he was going to be a successful man this year.

"Hey," he called the older year who he sold his disk player to. A grin played on his lips.

"What if I told you that I had a quill that you don't need to dump in an inkwell anymore?"

The boy's eyes narrowed, skeptical. "That can't be possible, what's it called then?"

The boy's grin grew wider, eyes sparkling. "It's called, a 'ball-pen'."

Astoria skips down the steps as she entered the common room, she could see the older years running around with white parchment that had green squares in them, other who had these slender things that could write. Her brows furrowed, what the hell were these contraptions.

"You need help with plotting the constellations for Astronomy? I got you mate, here, it's called graphing paper," a voice rang from the center of the room. She could literally hear people shouting out their offers in galleons, not even knutts and sickles.

"Give me twenty, I'll give you three galleons!"

"Done!"

"What about those ball-pens? Do you have anymore?" Another student's voice asked, looking quite desperate at the moment. "Please tell me you have more, Arithmancy is driving me insane if I keep dunking my damn quill in the inkwell."

"I only have one more, tell you what, come back again next week, buy one and the other is free!"

Astoria felt a tap on her shoulder, she turns to her side and sees Theo looking as confused as she was at the moment, eating his way with a blood lollipop.

"What is this?" He asks, motioning to the chaos that was happening in the common room, students who were usually calm in composure were like wild animals for the last 'ball-pen'.

"Looks like a black market to me," Astoria shrugs, glancing at the older years who had their own pens now as they were writing on these 'graphing papers' with shit eating grins on their faces. "Do you perhaps think that Snape would put a stop to this?" She asks Theo who was glancing at the Slytherins who looked enraged that the bidding for the ball-pen was sold. "I mean, technically with Umbridge as Headmistress now, this is illegal."

"Are you kidding? This is business," a voice startled the duo from behind, as both turned around, they saw another Slytherin half blood embracing boxes of ball pens and shit tons of graphing paper. Some of the pens were shimmering, and there were papers that were small, colourful and in a stack.

"I could give you a deal for this sticky notes, two galleons, you get a glitter pen for free."

"What?—"

"Deal," Theo cuts off Astoria, shoving his hands inside his pants, taking out two galleons, soon receiving the sticky note pads and a glitter-pen. Astoria gave him a look of disbelief.

"What?" He asked as if he didn't just conform into the black market of useful muggle objects. "I get sick of dipping my quill in the ink, plus, I can charm it for spell checks," he grinned.

"It sparkles too," he chides before walking away, leaving Astoria to absorb what had just happened.

Hullo everyone!

I know that I haven't been doing my best to update on the days I promised, it's not because of struggling for the update. I love this book too much to let it go like this. I just have things going on such as the hurricanes lining up in our place (don't worry we're fine).

But I do hope that you like this When in Snake pit skits, and I have plans to do this up until I say I will stop writing it.

These skits aren't really connected to the story itself, or my plot line, but I am one curious person.

Have any of you wondered what happens in the Slytherin Common rooms when it doesn't revolve around Harry Potter nor Finley? Because I always wonder that constantly, and now that I have written something to satisfy my own curious brain (also the time I spent wondering as I scrolled down the fan theory posts on social media).

Other than that, I find it stuffy that to keep blasting on serious scenes, personally, I dislike writing serious scenes but I can't help it.

Now that I have monopolised the word count for this chapter, I do hope you like it. Let me know if you do like it, and at least I would do my best to make every When in the Snake Pit skits more entertaining as the chapters go on.

With love!
Rayah.