Book 3: Chapter 24

Finley bit her lip as she waited outside the DADA classroom, mentally smashing her head in for not going in there to see her real godfather. Godfather, goodness it was a dream come true to have a chocolate giving Professor was her godfather. She wanted to pack her bags and move with him, but she can't.

The night she, Harry, and Hermione came back from their past correcting venture. She thought back about what Snape said to them back at the shrieking shack.

"I can and I will! I lost Lily once to a Potter, and I'm not losing her daughter too!"

Finley huffed, after hearing that she doesn't think she could really abandon Snape like that after hearing his fear of losing her like how he lost her mother. But how did he lose her mother? What was he to her mum?

Questions Finley wanted answered, yet she refrains from actually asking for it after the last time she asked the man. Since then, she was afraid to ask anything about her parents, or even anything about his Hogwarts days.

"Hey Finley," a voice said from behind her. She turned around and saw Harry in his uniform, unlike her Slytherin attire and her missing robes, Harry had his tie on and his Gryffindor robes.

"Harry," she subtly greets.

"Are you here to see Professor Lupin too?" Harry asks. After last night, Harry and Finely barely talked through their newly found sibling relations. They only came to accept it, but never really come to talk about it.

"Yeah," Finley replies, turning towards the door and finds herself hesitating again.

"Let's go in together," Harry suggests holding out his hand towards her, trying to tell her that he was going to be with every step of the way. And she gladly took it, she held onto his hands tightly as they opened the door seeing an empty classroom. No professor Lupin writing on the board for the next lesson, no new creature for them to study. It was empty.

Wandering around the classroom, both students heard a thud up the office which lead them to believe that the man they were looking for was there.

True enough when they walked up the steps, the whole office was a mess. Not the usual mess that Finley often sees during her tea time visits on Hogsmaede weekends, it looked like he was packing up.

"Harry. Finley," the professor greeted them with his back turned away from them. As soon as he turned, he looked even more pale and exhausted than he usually does, maybe it was the effects of the transformation.

"Professor," Finley greets as she starts eyeing the things he was packing.

"I saw you both coming in," he says pointing at the map that was open on the table. With a flick of a wand a small box that was beside Harry closed shut.

"I looked worst, believe me," Remus said taking the stack of books from the desk and placing them in a trunk.

"You've been sacked," Harry points out, not believing that the one capable DADA Professor was fired, but he was wrong.

"No, I resigned actually." The smile on Remus' face did not meet his eyes at all, he was as distraught as these two were. Finley most of all, if anything, she wanted Remus to stay at Hogwarts.

"Resigned? Why?" Harry asked as confused as Finley was.

"You're the best teacher we've ever had," Finley starts, not bothering to hide the disappointment in her voice. She actually liked going to Defence Against Dark Arts now since Remus began teaching, Finley hated to go back to the habit of skipping DADA to self study in the library if the professor was a dud.