Book 1: Chapter 8

Halloween came, Finley was walking with her friends Theo and Blaise from class and found a group of Gryffindors coming out from their charms classroom.

"What do you think we'll learn this time," Theo asked placing an arm around Finley's shoulders. From what she heard from the smart Ravenclaws they were going to tackle a levitation charm, "Swish and Flick they say," Blaise grinned as he watched Gryffindors with their wands out with swishing and flicking movements.

"Whatever it will be, I hope you didn't forget your wands this time," she laughed. It was then that she saw Hermione running looking upset.

"I wonder what happened," she muttered.

"Must be because of them," Theo pointed towards a group of Gryffindor boys who stood there frozen at the fleeing girl. In impulse she walked towards the boys to find that Harry and Ron were with them.

"Why did Hermione leave?" She asked all of a sudden, making the boys jump in surprise. The red head fidgeted with the hem of his vest, Harry avoided her gaze.

"Tell me!" She demanded, upset that they were stalling her.

"We should get to class Finley," she heard her Slytherin friends tell her. She shrugged off their calls as she walked away towards the direction Hermione went.  

"Finley!" Her friends called out, but then it was too late she was already too far for her to hear them.

She spent the next hours searching for Hermione, forgetting that she had classes after charms and one of them was Potions. She stopped inside a girl's bathroom and hear sniffs and crying, she approached the cubicles and found on stall where the noise came from. She knocked on it three times, "Go away!"

"Mione, it's me Finley," she sighed as laid her palm on the door.

"Please open up," she begged. She hated feeling useless when it came to her friend Hermione, for the past month she was alone in the Gryffindor table. And if it weren't for Finley's stubborn self at joining her for breakfast and lunch she would most definitely be lonelier.

"They're right, no one likes me. No one wants to be friends with an insufferable know it all," Hermione cried. Feeling her stomach spark in anger as she thought of Gryffindors isolating their housemate.

"I'm your friend Mione, you always have me," she calmly said. The door unlocked and there she saw her frizzy haired friend with red puffy eyes and a red puffy nose, she was still shaking from all her crying. She hugged Hermione tightly, giving the young witch comfort, but it was short lived when they felt large footsteps.

"Go back inside!" She frantically told her friend as they went back inside.

"W-what was that?" Hermione asked shocked.

"I-I don't know."

Soon they heard a crash, causing the girls to jump and be forcibly crawl their way to another stall. But to their luck the stalls next to that were destroyed in a matter of seconds. The two girls screamed as Hermione crawled towards the sinks and Finley frozen under the debris of wood.

"Hermione! Where's your wand?" Finley asked frantically as she patted her robe pocket for her wand.

"Do the Levitation Charm!" Hermione called out.

"I haven't had the chance to attend Charms!"

"What?!" Hermione stared at the Slytherin girl with disbelief but was soon exchanged with fear as the troll was now nearer.

"Finley!" Hermione screams. Finley ran towards her friend shaking in fear, she never thought in her bloody life that she was to die by the hands of a mountain troll.

"Hermione!" Two male voices were heard.

All the events went fast, Hermione screaming and yet Finley was knocked unconscious by the flying chunks of debris that hit her. The other girl tried her best shaking her unconscious friend awake, "Ron do something!" Harry yelled as he was being swung around by the mountain troll.

"Swish and flick!" Hermione reminded as she covered the unconscious girl in her arms from any more flying debris.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

And with that the mountain troll fell unconscious with its own club, boys cheered and yet they heard a sniff. "Oh no!"

"Finley!" Hermione cried as Finley was limp and unconscious, just in time the teachers came in alert. McGonagall gasped as she saw the troll, "What is the meaning of this!"

None of the conscious three spoke, it was until Snape came and was aghast with the scene that someone from his house, most importantly Finley was laying unconscious on the bathroom floor.

Though he limped he rushed towards Finley and gently yet quickly took Finley into his arms. "Minerva," he called out knowingly.

"You can go and take her to the Hospital Wing Severus," McGonagall said making way for the professor who had a student in his arms.

The remaining three stood in the bathroom, all worried for the Slytherin girl who attempted to save Hermione in some sort of way that she saw fit.

"I am very disappointed in you!"

Waking up Finley expected to be in her dorm with a murky green watered window and her cat Cassian curled on the chair asleep, but she certainly didn't expect to see high white ceilings and the smell of medicine. She groaned with the sunlight hitting her directly in the face, her robes were neatly folded on a chair along with her shoes, she sat up and looked around her surroundings.

"How are you feeling dear?" A woman's voice said.

"I think I'm fine," she muttered. The woman gave her a cup and she knew it was going to help her recover faster. It was until she remembered what happened the night before that she swallowed the horrid medicine in one gulp.

"Where's Hermione!" She asked frantically.

"She's alright dear, it's you that you should be worried about. Professor Snape brought you here you suffered a concussion."

The woman explained to the young witch what happened and how furious her legal guardian looked as she laid on the bed. "If you're feeling better until four, I'll let you go back to your Common Room."

"But what about my classes?" She asked worried that she might miss out on a whole lot. It was then the Hospital wing doors were opened and strutted in her Slytherin friends. They both had worried faces on and books and parchments in their hands.

"What the bloody hell were you thinking?!" Theo scolded as he placed the books with a mild thud on the night stand.

"You left your classes for the rest of the day, you skipped lunch, you had us lie to Snape on your whereabouts, AND YOU BLOODY FOUGHT AN ADULT MOUNTAIN TROLL?!" The shouting from her friend Blaise was enough for the woman who tended to Finley to smack the back of his head.

"I will kick you out if you stress my patient!"

Muttering a sorry, both boys sat on the chairs offered to them. "You're crazy!" Theo pointed out as he looked straight into Finley's eyes.

"I'm sorry for making you worry," she said looking down on her hands. The boys sighed, they took upon themselves to worry for Finley since she was stubborn to not worry for herself. Both hugged the girl in pure relief that nothing severe happened, the girl hugged both her best friends back.

"So you had to lie to Professor Snape for me?" Finley smirked.

"Never let us do that again," Theo shuddered.