Book 1: Chapter 12

"I can't believe I had you looking in the wrong section, How stupid of me," and then there was a heavy thud on the table that awoken Finley who fell asleep on the table. It has been a few days since Christmas break ended, Hermione came back and so did Theo and Blaise. With her two Slytherin best friends back, she barely had enough sleep with all their blabbering that lasted until 4 am.

Opening the book, Hermione pointed out the name Nicholas Flamel. "Thank Finley for having a copy of Alchemists and Potioners in the Millenia, if not for her I would've forgotten that I found Flamel."

"Well where did you find it?" Finley yawned as she rested her elbow on the table with her hand supporting her cheek.

"I checked this out for a bit of light reading," Hermione boasted a bit proud of herself. Ron nearly choked as he looked at the fourteen by four book on the table, "This is light?"

Hermione gave him a glare and resumed on reading the paragraph. "So it's a stone?" Finley dead panned. Harry sat still and kept on reading the book.

"Of course it's a stone Finley, can't you keep up?"

"I could if you hadn't dragged me from the great hall for a bloody rock," she snapped as she heard her stomach rumble in hunger. Hermione shot her an apologetic look, it was true that she dragged the Slytherin girl from the great hall before breakfast. An hour before class officially starts for the day, and it wasn't always a good thing to deprive the girl of her sleep nor deprive her of food.

"Well at least we know what the dog was guarding, now we can make sure Snape doesn't get to it first—"

"What do you mean Harry?"

Freezing at the question, the trio broke into cold sweat as they forgot that the man that they think was working for the dark lord was her legal guardian. "Tell me Harry, what do you mean by that," she slowly said giving him a dangerous tone.

"On Halloween night, when you and Mione got attacked by the troll, Snape let it in to distracted the faculty so he can get in the trapdoor. But then fluffy got to him and bit his leg. He was limping," Harry explained, filtering certain events so that he was cautious enough around Finley who was close with the professor.

"That's not right, Professor would never do that," she argued. She knew her legal guardian her whole life, and it didn't at all sounded like him. Although his limping for the past three days after Halloween explained it, but no it wasn't her professor Snape. Not at all.

"Believe it or not Finley, Snape is the bad guy—"

"Can you stop accusing professors," she snapped. If anyone was a suspect to her it would be Quirell, because something about him made the hairs on the back of her head raise as she avoided him at all costs.

"Finley, Snape will—"

She stood from her seat, all the sleepiness  and hunger vanished, she was upset with her friends accusing the person who raised her. Thankfully Ron didn't bother in joining the 'Snape is the bad guy' train or Finn would've lost it completely.

In the end she left the three Gryffindors guilty at making their friend upset, but they stayed true to their thoughts continued figuring out what was to happen next.

Upon entering the great hall with only fifteen minutes left to eat, Finley saw her best friends Theo and Blaise who were still busy eating with a worried and serious conversation.

"Finn!" Theo called out, she approached them as she stole bits of toast and pumpkin juice from Blaise. She went as far as taking two pieces of bacon from Theo as well, not speaking to either of them, thankful that they were silent as they watched her devour the food the set for themselves.