Book 6: Chapter 15

The last time Finley was in Hogsmeade to have fun, she could remember that it was her birthday the year before. No one knew she was alive then but the Slytherins passed it as their own little holiday to have fun and none of the teachers would break it up, unless of course if they had alcohol then it would be drawing the line.

During that she enjoyed the scene where they all danced their troubles away, it was the one day they get to forget what reality felt like. With no one knowing she was alive she was able to avoid that scene of everyone greeting her 'Happy Birthday' and was able to have a five person celebration in Draco's room.

"I got you something," Astoria giddily says snapping Finley from her trip on memory lane, she sees Tori holding a small box in her hands setting it down on the table. "I had to pester Blaise to get the right one," she says as she pushes the small box gently towards Finley.

"Go on, open it," the girl urges.

Following suit, she unknotted the ribbon on the box, opening it to reveal, "a cake?"

"A black forest cake!" The girl smiled brightly. "You were feeling down lately, so I wanted to cheer you up a bit," she explained.

"It even has the green frosting like Blaise described it."

The girl glances at Finley, her smile faltering to see the confusion on her face. Did she get the cake wrong? Was it not Black forest? She was sure it was black forest, Blaise said so himself unless he got the green frosting wrong, but that didn't seem likely.

"When did I have this?" Finley asks in confusion.

"Your first year, remember? Miss Thorns sent it to you when you got sorted in Slytherin, you even shared some with Blaise and Theo."

"I did?"

'I know for sure this was the cake.' Now Astoria was the confused one, she was certain that she would never forget this cake, this cake was the first thing she shared with her best friends. She was told this story on repeat by Blaise and Theo themselves last year.

Before the girl could say something else, Finley started to wave her hands for someone, sensing that this wasn't the conversation to have right now she drops it.

"Nicholas!" Finley calls out waving her hand at someone who was behind Astoria, she turns around to see the boy they met at the book keep in Diagon Alley.

"Hullo Potter," the boy greeted smiling mischievously before his gaze fell on Astoria and his expression morphed into a stunned one. "Hello," he greeted her in a more hesitant manner.

"Nice to meet you?" Astoria greeted back unsure if they were properly acquainted, watching the boy sit next to Finley avoiding her eyes. "I'm Astoria Greengrass."

"Nicholas Collins."

"You were in the book keep, I didn't know you go here," she says as politely as possible, if this was Finley's new friend she expects that they would be getting along just fine.

"Yeah, a friend bought it recently," he shortly replies glancing at the cake a little intrigued with it that he tried to stick his finger in the frosting. "Black forest, haven't had this since I was 11," he says before tasting the frosting from his finger.

"Oh my god, don't stick your finger everywhere!" Finley scolded him. Slapping away his hand before turning back to Astoria who still had a polite smile on her face, given she hadn't properly met Nicholas that is.

"I can go ask Rosmerta for a fork, we can share it," the younger girl suggested as she attempted to stand up but Nicholas almost stopped her.

"Why don't I do it?" He suggests instead.