Book 3: Chapter 17

"Finney bear! Come and walk with us, we need to tell you something," Blaise banged on Finley's door that one faithful morning. Hearing that she was kicked off the quidditch team was a large blow on Slytherin, she was one of the best beaters in the team since the last ones graduated. Flint argued with Snape for three days just to reconsider but it just got him no where near getting her back. But that wasn't at all why he wanted Finley to walk with him, no. It was about something else.

"Finley!" He yelled again knocking a bit louder this time, could've sworn that the hinges would be off by now. Theo stood behind him now worried, normally Finley would be opening the door for them and screaming at them for waking her. Something was wrong.

"Get your wand numbskull!" Theo scolds, And Blaise did as he was told, taking the wand from his robe pocket about to cast a spell. But the door opened gently revealing Finley with a large smile on her face.

"Getting impatient the both of you, didn't I tell you that barging in a girl's room is incredibly rude?" She says getting out the room, not letting the two boys in or a chance to see what was inside.

"Well we've been out here for the last fifteen minutes," Blaise rolled his eyes stuffing his wand back in his robes.

"If you must know, I was in the bathroom getting ready for class," Finley rolled her eyes at him, showing him her braided master piece. Braided with her hair was a pale pink ribbon that stood out on her dark hair on her back. Observing Finley further, her cheeks were back to their rosy glow, her dark bags were gone. This was the Finley they met, lively and smiling.

"Blaise!" The dark skinned boy blinked, feeling an arm link around his arm, Theo was laughing beside Finley while Finley was laughing with him.

"You've been spacing, did Pansy finally spoke of her undying feeling for you?" Finley jokes causing both boys to cringe and shiver. Clearly what was worst in everything was to have the worst girl to pledge their undying love for you. In this case Draco was holding that curse pretty damn well to is misfortune.

"Draco's holding that position for the longest, for all I care he can keep it," Blaise replied as they all walked out the common room with a few good mornings towards the older years. For once it felt like the two Slytherin boys were with their Finley Evans, the one who wasn't pressured by the head of house, the one who wasn't keeping her pain from them.

"So! Why did you two take me out of the safety of my room and take a walk?" Finley asked as her arms still linked with her two friends as they wandered the still empty halls. They had an hour to kill before breakfast, which was rare to the three of them, they never wake up early for a stroll. And if they do wake up, they would go in Finley's room and just chat, on in this years case, prevent Finley from thinking about her dreams.

"Is it a crime to not walk with our best friend in this fine morning?" Theo asked with a grin on his face, he wasn't the one willing to steal this very nice morning from them. But that wasn't easy.

"Cut the bull both of you, what is it?" Finley asked in a joking manner, getting slightly agitated.

Have they found out about her nightmares?

Her shaking?

The pain waves on her shoulder?

Finley was beyond her wits end, was this an intervention of some sort? Because if it was, were they going to dump her and leave? Hopefully not, she was doing so well at hiding the things that bothered her. For once her morning didn't consist of her writhing in pain on her room's floor praying that it would stop. She even had the time to do something nice to her hair and hide the severe imperfections on her face.