Book 2: Chapter 5

If she said she hated Malfoy, it was an understatement, in fact she despised the fool.

It was the morning practice with the Slytherins and they were met with Oliver Wood and the Gryffindors who also had plans to practice.

"We booked the pitch today Flint!" Oliver sneered, obviously annoyed that their practice time was interrupted.

"Not for long, you see I have a note from Snape to train our new Seeker and our reserve," Flint boasted giving the note that their head of house made earlier today.

"Who's your new seeker? A reserve?" Oliver asked confused.

Finley in the first place didn't want to go out from behind Pucey and Warrington who was holding her own Nimbus 2001. Almost refused to accept if from Malfoy, she didn't want anything from him or his money. But oh joy she was pushed out from the huddle to join Malfoy who was already cockily boasting his new position.

"Finley? I didn't know you could play—"

She shrugged, she honestly didn't plan on trying out next year as a reserve, she just wanted to get the offer of pardon from all suspensions. She was clever to take that offer and bail on the tryouts after, plus she only wanted to get out of detention. "I did it for the pardon."

"Pardon? That's not fair," Hermione gave her a disappointed look. A Slytherin her friend was but she never thought Finley would take up offers that were unjustly and selfish. But Finley was selfish, she always had been, she was human and selfishness was in her blood and her house, it was called self preservation and it wasn't her fault if they lack better term for it.

"Like the brooms Weasley? My father made a generous offer of buying everyone brooms," Malfoy grinned showing off the custom coloured black and silvery Nimbuses.

"It has nothing on the Nimbus 2000 that Potter has."

"He might not even afford half the handle," one Slytherin from the back had said. It upsets Finley that these boys were speaking ill of her ginger friend, she smacked Draco's head with her hand and glared at him.

"Don't be rude you twat!"

"Yes Malfoy, save it for the pitch," Flint agreed, as he only planned on taunting the Gryffindors to throw them off game and not get detention from a fight all together.

"At least no one had to buy their way in, they got in by pure talent," Hermione scowled at the blond boy. Finley wished that her best friend would just shut up for a moment really, but Draco had a sharp tongue.

"Yeah? Well what are you going to do about it? Mudblood!"

Furious she almost twisted Malfoy's arm to break and loose his chance in being seeker, but the problem was Ron and his taped wand. "Eat Slugs Malfoy—" the spell fired back.

"Ron!" She cried but she couldn't do anything. The quidditch team was already holding her back from aiding her friend as they laughed at the misfortune. The Gryffindors eventually left, with Ronald Weasley all green and sick as he puked out slugs.

Finley was livid towards Draco, that she almost strangled him with his own broom. "A fucking ferret faced toe-rag scum that's what you are!" She sneered at the blond boy.

Draco was many things, both horrible and good, but never in his life was he called a scum before. And no one did anything to stop the girl from cursing a whirlwind at him, much to Slytherins hating on half bloods and muggle borns, this Slytherin girl with them was a half blood princess what seemed to be. And a word from her was a thousand crucios to their whole being, she was the good in their house of bad, and if she turns hostile then what hope do the snakes have to be thought as good again?