Book 2: Chapter 6

Theodore Nott knew enough to not bother Finley in seeing her hated professors for inquiries, especially if it's someone like Gilderoy Lockhart. But in this case his best friend was called personally by Lockhart as part of detention of sorts that infuriated the girl to no end. Finding out that the detention pardon was only applicable to the head of house but not to other staffs, Theo along with Blaise had finally seen and heard all the phases of the Slytherin Sprite.

"Stupid Lockhart and his detentions! Stupid Flint for not telling me this shit!" She bustled as she rampaged in her room with a beater's bat that she received from one of the beaters. Both boys were amused that she was given a violent role, yet it wasn't at all amusing since she has in fact the shortest fuse they have ever seen.

"Why were you in detention with him?" Blaise asked.

But it was Theo who explained for he was with her when it happened really. "You ever wonder why Lockhart had no hair during breakfast this morning?"

Blaise's eyes widened.

"You did that?!"

Theo shook his head, but really it wasn't her fault. She couldn't care less for the buffoon, but in reality her plan was far darker than that. "Her potion went wrong and had his hair fall off, but her potion was actually suppose to send him running out the school."

"Elaborate?"

Finley finally threw her bat on the side of the bed making an echoing thud on the floor. "It was suppose to make that blond haired buffoon look like he had the black plague," she simply said as if it wasn't a big deal.

"You're kidding?" Blaise gasped. The fact that someone as sweet of a Slytherin as Finley was so evil was new to them really.

"You could be expelled!" Blaise scolded yet it was laced with amusement.

"Then I guess I should be glad that the potion went wrong then?"

Dinner went by, and she was with Lockhart. Without using a wand her detention was to brew a hair growing potion to bring back his hair, and Finley had the idea of making the potion work too well that he would turn into a yeti. But of course she wouldn't get caught, she didn't like being scolded by their head of house for being caught twice.

"Are these all the ingredients?" Lockhart had asked her with suspicion. He somehow grew a dislike for the young Slytherin girl, went her way in giving her Dreadfuls on her essays about his book. Of course she didn't mind, she purposely did it to get under the professor's skin. She was professional bargainer to the staff in getting what she wants, but she was certainly not going to do the same with this bloke.

"Yes," she replied with a bored expression.  She couldn't wait to get out of the classroom full of this man's faces. The noble classroom of learning defensive spells was turned into a collage museum of him. And the smell of his cologne was suffocating her.

"I trust that you will not do this again miss Evans," the man said as he took a vial of hair growing potion.

"I will not sir," she said, silently praising herself for her own handiwork. The potions would take three days to take effect and if taken repeatedly would cause the man to be hairier than a werewolf, but of course he didn't know that and she assumed that he did.

Dismissed from her detention she was almost to the dungeons and yet she heard a silent cry. Turning to a corner she saw a red headed girl crying, of course it was Ginny Weasley. The youngest of the Weasley seven, and she was crying.

Slowly approaching the young girl she placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Ginny," she softly greeted.

The young girl sniffed as she looked up towards her, her eyes puffy and red, in her arms she was clutching a black book of sort. "What's wrong love?" Finley asked.

"Nothing," it came out as a whimper. She didn't know why but it felt like the girl was scared of her and she didn't want that at all.

Deciding to not pressure the girl she helped her up and gave her a small hug. "You can tell me anything Ginny alright?" She smiled. The girl nodded and returned the hug, one she didn't know she needed at all. From the start of school she felt out of placed and her brothers who were embarrassing her were no help at all, they didn't know how to handle her because they were boys. Ginny couldn't really approach Hermione, she was always in her books not minding her and yet here was a Slytherin girl whom she met a year ago being nice to her. She felt so warm.

"How about we raid the kitchens with the help of a confunded Hufflepuff before I walk you to your dorm, yeah?"

And that was what they did, even with the curfew already in place they ventured towards the kitchens to see a Hufflepuff prefect. "What are you both doing out of bed?" He asked.

Finley clutching her wand and yet smiling at the Hufflepuff boy, "We only wanted to get a quick snack, we have a friend who needs it. Bad break up really," she said.

The boy looked amused at her, raising his brow as he saw their ties were obviously from different houses. If it were his house he would let them, but they were from Slytherin and Gryffindor, an odd mix really.

"Want me to help you? How much food do you need?" He said deciding to let it go and let them have whatever. It was unexpected on Finley's side really, she expected to confund the prefect yet it still works.

Entering the kitchen, the elves gave them snacks, snacks of which needed to be in a basket. A basket filled with tarts and muffins an cakes, Ginny was extremely happy that Finley found her tonight. She would remember this evening for the rest of her life, this made the better impression of the girl who she now sees as a sister to an extent.

"Thanks for letting us have the snacks," Ginny thanks the Hufflepuff prefect. He gave her a charming smile that made the young first year blush.

"Yes, thank you."

"No problem, but are you sure that one basket is enough? Or is it a Ravenclaw that you girls are trying to comfort?" He grinned. Freezing in place the girl gave out an embarrassed smile.

"Next time tell me ahead of time, I'll have them delivered myself," he said winking at Finley who was now red in the face. The Hufflepuff escorted the girls back to their respective common rooms with a promise that they won't be having detention or points taken. Ginny went in with the basket of sweets, hugging Finley and thanking the Hufflepuff prefect again and again.

"Good night Ginny," Finley called in as the fat Lady's portrait closed.

The dungeons were next, it was back to the Slytherin common room for her. Both students barely spoke on the way there, and when they did the dungeon wall was illuminated meaning there were Slytherins awake still.

"You can't put students in detention if their awake in their common room can you?" She asked knowing who might still be awake in this unruly hour of the night.

"It only applies in the halls," the Hufflepuff said.

"I guess this is me, good night mr Hufflepuff prefect," Finley muttered.

"It's Cedric," the Hufflepuff boy said grinning.

"Only seems fair since I did let you raid the kitchens," he laughed. Laughing along with him Finley agreed to call him her friend, with a wave goodbye at the retreating prefect. "Good night Cedric."

"Good night," he said as he turned a corner and finally disappearing.