Book 3: Chapter 16

The walk to the dungeons common room to Snape's office was only a short walk, normally she was going to turn to a corner and find herself in face to face with the office door. But this time as Finley walked, it felt longer and more colder than it should've been. Three years living in Hogwarts in the Slytherin dungeons, she found comfort with the cold under ground, in fact she rather have the cold than the brightness up stairs whenever she found herself sleeping in the Room of Requirement.

Feeling the cold in the halls where she always felt at home in was odd to her, maybe it was because after the year ends she was leaving. Maybe it was something else entirely, but she wasn't so sure.

The halls were dead silent, being a dungeon common room, it didn't mean there were sounds of dripping due to the lake above them. No, rich Slytherin families would allow to have their children live in sewer like caves. But the silence was soon accompanied with something bone chilling. The sound of hissing that is.

She walked faster, her heart pounding as her footsteps now rang in the dungeon halls. There weren't a lot of moving portraits in these halls, the portraits here were from notable Slytherin wizards. And Finley doubted that she was going to encounter a portrait anytime soon, and she prayed that the door was on the next turn.

Unfortunately for her the hissing went louder, and louder as if there were snakes behind chasing her, she gasped at the sharp pain stabbing on her shoulder. Her eyes watered from the pain, but as soon as she saw the familiar door leading to Snape's office she broke into a run and knocked frantically.

"Professor?" She called hoping that her shaken voice was calm enough to not get questioned. The hissing getting louder and closer, the pain becoming more unbearable by the passing minute.

"Come in." And she did, a little too eager that she slammed it open and then shut. Her breathing uneven, and she desperately calmed down, not wanting to give Snape another reason to send her away.

"Evans," she heard Snape call, she tidied her self, combing her hair with her fingers that now shook that was out of her control.

Finley's eyes met the professor's cold ones, she hung her head down in shame. Whatever it was that chased her in the halls, it wasn't something Finley wanted as her welcoming committee. "Sit, I am to discuss your punishment for that... party."

She sat down on the chair provided for her, she held her arm that still shook. It was going to be bad, she was right handed. She can write on her left but she's always used her wand on the right, she always used her beater's bat on the right.

Finley shoved her shaking hand under her thigh, looking up at the professor who was writing on a piece of parchment. "What would my punishment be?" She slowly asked, her voice audible enough for him to hear.

Snape stopped writing, now looking at Finley in the eye and she froze. Snake like eyes, identical to the once she kept seeing with herself in her odd dreams. She must be hallucinating, right? Finley blinked again and this time the professor's eyes were back to normal. 'I am hallucinating.'

"As you have disobeyed me regarding the Gryffindor pests, and that irresponsible act of yours during the Christmas break. I will take you off the quidditch team, as of today you are no longer a Slytherin beater," the Professor said. She stiffed, the house cup was coming up and it looked unfair to pull her out now. But compared to being suspended for an unauthorised party and underaged drinking, this was a slap on the wrist.

Flint was not going to like the news that was for sure.

"And I shall speak to the Gryffindor's head of house to ensue a suspension for three students—"