Book 5 Chapter 1

Remus sat down on the chair with a bottle of fire whiskey on his hand, looking down sorrowful as he had not taken the news well. Finley, his goddaughter, the girl he promised his best friend Lily to protect was now dead. He couldn't bring himself to go to the funeral even when he knew for sure that Harry needed him and Sirius. It was sad to face the fact that, Sirius was still in hiding, while he on the other hand would know how broken his heart will be to see her in a coffin.

"You've had enough to drink my friend," Sirius spoke to Remus as he leaned on the doorway. Remus after all offered to keep Sirius company since the Grimmauld place was turned into the new order head quarters. He dropped his head further and as the sorrow slowly squeezed him like a grape.

Poor Harry, his last remaining family was ripped away from him within a year of learning that he had a sister, it was horrible. He hated to see Harry's depressed face as he looked down at his sister's resting face. After all he finally had his visit to his parents' graves, the sad thing was that he had to bury his sister there first.

"Moony—"

"I'll stop," Remus spoke as he placed the bottle of whiskey on the table beside him before slumping his back on the back rest. He's had the worst transformations lately, at this rate, it had been months since the news of Finley's death arrived and that caused him the nasty transitions.

"You haven't been sleeping well my friend," Sirius spoke as he sat beside his depressed friend, he understood where he was coming from. After all, he had loved that girl too, she was his best friend's first born. "Do you want me to get you those muggle medicine to help you sleep?"

"No need," Remus replied as he stood up from where he sat, leaving the living room without another word. Frankly, this was driving Sirius insane. The house was already depressing as shit, and the fact that he was also stuck with a depressed wolf, he needed to bring a bit of light in.

Sirius sat on where Remus had just left, the fire whiskey was too tempting to not take a sip, grabbing a glass not too far from where he sat, he poured himself some. Just as he was about to take a sip from the glass, something appeared on the table in the form of flames. In panic he dumped the alcohol beverage on the flames, igniting it even more. "Shit! Shit! Shit!" He cursed as he used an old throw pillow and started slamming the damn thing on the flames. Breathing heavily as he finally put the fire out.

Noticing an envelope with a two headed snake seal, it wasn't from any wizarding families that he knew of. He narrowed his eyes on the envelope, picking it up, turning it around to see that it was addressed to him. he opens the envelope revealing a single piece of parchment, his throat went dry.

Godric's Hollow. Be quick.

The note said, his mind telling him that it was a trap, Voldemort trying to lure him in and kill him. He puts down the note, groaning. "I'm too sober for this shit," he says closing his eyes tightly.

Just as he did, he heard the front door tapping, as soon as he opened it he found a white owl. Not Harry's, Hedwig was with them after all, attached to the owl's neck was a ring, a black ring that had two snake heads, the third broken off.

"Sirius, close the door. Even if this place can't be seen, doesn't mean you can parade out by the door," Remus' voice spoke just behind him. Turning around the man was ready to sleep, he looked even more tired than he had initially assumed. He raised the piece of parchment and his shoulder where the owl sat.

"This arrived just after you left," he says as he slowly walked back into the living room. Two men had grown quite curious of this mysterious parchment and this owl, whoever the sender was, it wasn't helping that he or she was being cryptic.