Book 6: Chapter 9

Warning: a re-used chapter, because my braincell were working in the last version.

"Harry," Finley calls, running towards the side of the hall where she could see her brother and his best friend grinning like a bunch of idiots as they looked at the panicking bunch lot of students trying to get to their classes. It's chaos in these halls to say it so simply, there were third years lost, sixth years who were lounging about as they don't have that many classes for their NEWTS, and then there was McGonagall who looked so natural at guiding lost students and not even stressed to hear the bothering noises of student shenanigans.

"Aren't you suppose to be in class?" Finley frowns at Harry, seeing how he was among the other sixth years who were lounging around. "Suppose to be," Harry shrugs, not bothered with the students bustling.

"How can you be an Auror if you don't go to your classes," Finley frowns.

"Well—"

"Mister Potter!" Three heads snapped towards McGonagall who was calling for Harry. Finley looked back towards Harry frowning at him, not liking how he was giving up on being an Auror when that was what he wanted to be since last year.

"I'm getting to class, don't make me catch you doing anything I specifically did not tell you to do," she huffed, tugging Ron's robes causing him to fall from the side of the wall where he and Harry were before walking off, somewhat hot-headed at the moment.

Clutching her book tightly to her chest, thoughts waning away with information that she should know and yet her mind was too fuzzy to recollect. She did her best to not bump or even brush her arm against another person in the crowded hall, not that anyone would notice her as they are busy trying to find their classes. She slipped past the students who were grouped by the corner and walked ahead into a potions classroom. Seeing that not a lot of people were there yet, she settled herself at the very back.

Keeping her head down, she saw Hermione enter the room, along with Blaise and Pansy, Theo and Draco came in next, so were other students as well. No one noticed her in the room, she was the only one without another person on the table to partner with. Or so she thought, turns out, Neville passed the OWLs to advance in potions that once he came in, his gaze landed on Finley at the very back. And so he sat with her.

"It's nice to see that you're in the NEWTS level of Potions here, Nev," Finley softly smiles, voice loud enough for just the both of them to hear.

"I didn't think that I would've made it honestly," Neville sheepishly said, setting down a book for the advanced potions, one that Finley didn't even bother to buy seeing as she had memorized this year's potions to be learned. That and she revised and prepared NEWTS level potion recipes in her journal, she didn't need potions textbooks anymore.

"Of course you would've, you got an Exceeds expectations on your OWLs. Harry barely got away with Exceeds Expectations," she chuckled. Taking out her potions journal as the majority of the classroom was getting ready for class.

"I'm nervous to fail," Neville admitted, flipping through the pages on the book he had, Finley refrained from cringing at the words used in the book.

"Well, with me as your partner, you shouldn't be worried," she assured him, patting his shoulder. Now hearing a door open, revealing the man whom she and Harry visited with Dumbledore in the summer, she knew that she wasn't going to enjoy potions anymore.

The man whom Finley and Harry visited last summer was happily smiling at all of them, inspecting them of course, checking to see if anyone was worth teaching, at least that was what Finley got from his stance as soon as he entered the classroom. She guessed that much when she and Blaise were invited in his train compartment to meet his Slugclub, a disastrous name for a club to be a member of. "My, you all look like talented witches and wizards," he grinned, the tone seemed slightly disappointed.